logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Where on earth (in European Union) do I find DIN-5-240°layout C5 Comms cables/leads?
I want to connect a couple of Meridian 500 series components.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
I have some spare C5 leads, can ship from UK or from Holland in early March.


Cinema: DSP750 x3, DSP3300 x 4, DSW.2 x 3, Trinnov A32, 271, Oppo 203, Toshiba HD-DVD, SKY Puck, Sony XW7000 PJ, Screen Research AT, Kaleidescape 4K 30TB
Lounge: 861v8, 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SEPP, DSP7200HCSE, DSP3300, DSW x 2, 504, C15, Sony UBP-X800, SKY Puck
Bedroom: DSP5200SEHC, G65, UHD722, G08, DSW, M6, C15, 210, SKY Puck
Spare: 818v3
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Likes: 18
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 84
Likes: 18
I got mine off eBay, but you can look up switchcraft 12BL5MX at some of the large parts suppliers. Digikey/mouser are great to find PN's (they sell a number of 240 din connectors) that may be sold by more local retailers as well.


808v6, 818.3, G65, G61RSL, G91DH, G08, G98DH, 500v3, 504, 218-LPS, 218, 210, MS200
8000uSE, 5200SE, 5200HSE, DSP5200 (nonSL~fully rebuilt w/ Excel tweeters), DSP3300x2, DSW.2
HD621, Pair of Revivers, AC12
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Colin Triggs
I have some spare C5 leads, can ship from UK or from Holland in early March.
Thanks Colin, that's great, count me in for 2 or 3 if you have. I can wait until March, please notify when you get to Holland. I am in Greece, e.g. could bank transfer via IBAN.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by MVirgil
I got mine off eBay, but you can look up switchcraft 12BL5MX at some of the large parts suppliers. Digikey/mouser are great to find PN's (they sell a number of 240 din connectors) that may be sold by more local retailers as well.
Thanks MVirgil, that's good info. I tried with a local custom cable builder in Greece but they couldn't get hold of 240 din connectors easily, so I started searching for ready cables.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
I have two spare C5 leads, one is 62cms and the other 100cms.


Cinema: DSP750 x3, DSP3300 x 4, DSW.2 x 3, Trinnov A32, 271, Oppo 203, Toshiba HD-DVD, SKY Puck, Sony XW7000 PJ, Screen Research AT, Kaleidescape 4K 30TB
Lounge: 861v8, 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SEPP, DSP7200HCSE, DSP3300, DSW x 2, 504, C15, Sony UBP-X800, SKY Puck
Bedroom: DSP5200SEHC, G65, UHD722, G08, DSW, M6, C15, 210, SKY Puck
Spare: 818v3
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Colin Triggs
I have two spare C5 leads, one is 62cms and the other 100cms.
OK with me, let me know. Thanks.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Hi Colin,

Any news? Do you still have the COMMs cables ? I am still looking for a pair.

Thanks,

George

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
I do still have the leads.

Unfortunately due to a family illness my trip to Holland was cancelled last minute and my next trip over is scheduled for July 12th. That's probably too late for you.
Regards


Cinema: DSP750 x3, DSP3300 x 4, DSW.2 x 3, Trinnov A32, 271, Oppo 203, Toshiba HD-DVD, SKY Puck, Sony XW7000 PJ, Screen Research AT, Kaleidescape 4K 30TB
Lounge: 861v8, 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SEPP, DSP7200HCSE, DSP3300, DSW x 2, 504, C15, Sony UBP-X800, SKY Puck
Bedroom: DSP5200SEHC, G65, UHD722, G08, DSW, M6, C15, 210, SKY Puck
Spare: 818v3
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 12
Thanks Colin, my wishes for quick recovery. If I don't find by then I will let you know.

Last edited by Gorg; 2026-04-05 00:54.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (ChrisSwain, Colin Triggs, AudioImages - Rick, MarkQV, Mr_Sukebe, Locus), 267 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 35 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8714 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 17:13:32 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS