logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#320226 2025-10-30 15:33
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
I have a G61R which is connected to my DSP7200 via Cat5 and all had been working fine. It's in the cinema room so not used that often. I've powered it on and none of my sources are outputting any sound. As I switch sources, I can hear the speakers click and the comms seem to be working OK. If I use the Calibrate Speakers and do a sine sweep or noise, again I hear nothing. I've powered everything off and I suspected my sources at first (both optical), but given that the sine sweep isn't working, I'm now not so sure.

Any ideas what I can try next please?

Thanks!
Pete


Meridian G61R, HD621, DSP7200L+R, DSP3300C, DSP3200
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Hi Pete,

Sounds like there may be a problem with the G61R.

If you have a backup of the configuration, try a reset (re-type) and see if that resolves anything.

Has the unit ever been serviced? It is common for the card connectors to oxidise and lose connection.

Is the volume control smooth when an active digital source is connected? (i.e., is it sluggish, or jumpy?) - Even if nothing is coming from the speakers.

Let me know if I can help.

Cheers,

Steve


Main: 861v6 (LPS), 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SE Anniversaries, DSP5200.2HC, DSP7200.2, SW1600, Sky Q, Cambridge Audio BD, Roon, M80
Office: 861v4 (LPS), 818v3, 800v4, HD621, M&K S150P, DSP5500HC, M&K MPS2810 sub x2
Son's system: 861v4, HD621, DSP6000.2, DSP5200HC, DSP33
Spare: MCD, 100 Series, 200 Series, 500 Series, F80s, C15s.
swpnt #320230 2025-10-30 16:32
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Hi Steve,

Many thanks. The volume isn't jumpy - I know what you mean, as I previously replaced the PSU because of that issue. The unit hasn't been serviced ever. I think there's an issue with the analogue inputs as I never managed to get my turntable input working, so maybe there's a wider issue inside with the connectors.

It's a simple set up in terms of sources (TV, Game and M210) which are Optical and Coax with all DSP and no sub.

I've re-typed it (type 2) and nothing has changed unfortunately. The unit is one that I picked up from an auction a few years back, so I don't know much about its history.


Meridian G61R, HD621, DSP7200L+R, DSP3300C, DSP3200
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Hi Pete,

The unit would probably benefit from a service.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you would like to book it in. I suspect a re-cap and clean of all the card connectors will restore it to full functionality.

Cheers,

Steve


Main: 861v6 (LPS), 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SE Anniversaries, DSP5200.2HC, DSP7200.2, SW1600, Sky Q, Cambridge Audio BD, Roon, M80
Office: 861v4 (LPS), 818v3, 800v4, HD621, M&K S150P, DSP5500HC, M&K MPS2810 sub x2
Son's system: 861v4, HD621, DSP6000.2, DSP5200HC, DSP33
Spare: MCD, 100 Series, 200 Series, 500 Series, F80s, C15s.
swpnt #320232 2025-10-30 16:40
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
I've just left you a voicemail funnily enough. If you could give me a call when you get a chance (no hurry), as I have lots of other M gear that I wanted to discuss.


Meridian G61R, HD621, DSP7200L+R, DSP3300C, DSP3200
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901
Likes: 19
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901
Likes: 19
Is the PSU outputting 5.2v?


Chris
Srces: Squeezebox Touch | OSMC Vero 4K+
Procs: HD621 > G61R > Minidsp DDRC-88D
Spkrs: 7200.2 + 5KC + 5Ks | iNuke6K > USC15 | iNuke3K > 2 x Crowson T108SS
Video: JVC HD950 & 1.9m React3 2.4:1 screen
Room: 5.8x2.8m | Various GIK Panels

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.131s Queries: 27 (0.105s) Memory: 0.8481 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:02:53 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS