|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
One of my DSP7200SE speakers is not powering on. I am assuming the first thing to check is the fuse at the back (T4AH250V). It's physically unharmed but gives a high resistance with the multimeter so it's blown. Does the replacement have to be a ceramic fuse - would a glass fuse do?
Sources: Roon Nucleus, Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV, Processor: Meridian 808.3 , Speakers: DSP7200SE, Projector: SIM2 Lumis, Stewart 140" Custom Filmscreen
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 831 Likes: 161
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 831 Likes: 161 |
Hi,
Ideally you should replace like with like.
The ceramic fuses have a higher surge capacity.
A glass fuse should work fine but if there is a surge, it will blow faster than a ceramic one. Beware, there can be quite a power-on surge!
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Steve
Main: 861v6 (LPS), 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SE Anniversaries, DSP5200.2HC, DSP7200.2, SW1600, Sky Q, Cambridge Audio BD, Roon, M80 Office: 861v4 (LPS), 818v3, 800v4, HD621, M&K S150P, DSP5500HC, M&K MPS2810 sub x2 Son's system: 861v4, HD621, DSP6000.2, DSP5200HC, DSP33 Spare: MCD, 100 Series, 200 Series, 500 Series, F80s, C15s.
|
|
1 member likes this:
Kaushiksf |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
Understood - Thanks Steve
Sources: Roon Nucleus, Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV, Processor: Meridian 808.3 , Speakers: DSP7200SE, Projector: SIM2 Lumis, Stewart 140" Custom Filmscreen
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
I have ordered the right fuse but meanwhile I thought I would check by putting in the fuse from the other speaker. It didn't work - so it's not a fuse issue after all. The next thing to check is the power supply I guess but I have approached the Meridian dealer for help. I live in Mumbai so that's not very easy. My old dealer Soundsmiths no longer deals in Merdian. So they directed me to a distributor, Audio One. I hope they have some expertise repairing Meridian gear.
Sources: Roon Nucleus, Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV, Processor: Meridian 808.3 , Speakers: DSP7200SE, Projector: SIM2 Lumis, Stewart 140" Custom Filmscreen
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
117
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|