|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171 |
I am truly clueless about how to get this gear to work. I recently unplugged my DSP3100's from my G68 driven home theater setup.
I wanted to use them with a 562v2 to strictly listen to music. All I want to do is control the volume of the speakers with the Meridian remote.
If I simply plug a coaxial source into the 562, what other connections to I have to make to get the music out of the 3100's?
Do I connect one of the 3100's to the 562?
Do I have to configure the speakers in a certain way? Type 1? L/R? Master/slave?
Please help.
G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210 Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210 Likes: 2 |
It depends on what device you want to control volume. In any event, they all need to be connected by comms. The 562 needs to feed SPDIF to one speaker and then that speaker has to be connected to the other. The manual will help you immensely
1: 808.6 Anniversary, 504, Sony ES Bluray player, Apple TV, Trinnov Altitude 32, 7200SEU l/r/c, plus for immersive audio 2: Theta Compli Blu, Apple TV, HD621, G61RSL, B&W Sig 8NT l/r/c, & Runco Plasma 3: 861v8, 504, Apple TV for streaming 3100 l/r/c roon all around
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 209 Likes: 43
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 209 Likes: 43 |
The speakers should be retyped to 1, one master and one slave. Connect the master to the 562 using an M5 cable and use an S5 cable to connect the 2 speakers together.
Rgds Stuart
Linn LP12, Ittok LV11, Arkiv, Linn Kairn as a phono stage, MPmax 221, DSP6000's, WiiM Pro streamer.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 46 Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 46 Likes: 1 |
How many sources do you have? If it's just a single digital source then you don't need the 562 at all, just plug it directly into the master 3100
System: DSP7200SE (upgraded) + RPI (PiCorePlayer) with Allo Digione running Squeezebox system.
Also various legacy 500 components - 557x2, 502, 508-20bit, 566-24bit plus too many other misc amps/speakers.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171 |
I just have one digital source. So if I plug it into one of the 3100's and configure it as a Master, the other speaker will also play?
Yesterday, without any comms cables connected, I turned both speakers off, held down the 1 on the remote and turned them on, one by one. I made them both Type 1. But when I pushed the "Play" button I could only see Slave, Slave 1 and Slave 2. There were no designations as Master that I could see.
G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13 |
Hi,
For clarity,
You will still need a comms slave cable between both speakers and a digital audio cable between both speakers.
Regards I
Under review
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375 |
If it is not displaying S for slave , then it is the master. Also after you switch it off from the back to store the setting, then switch it back on, the master will display a red led to indicate that it is the master. A slave speaker will have a green dot.
www.cmbintegrations.comOne step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171 |
I plugged my one source directly into the Left speaker Digital 1 input. I have slave Comms connecting the two speakers. I have a digital cable going from Digital Output on the Left speaker to D2 input on the right speaker. On the left speaker the digital readout now has a YELLOW DOT under the RED LED. Anybody know what that means?
G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210 Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 210 Likes: 2 |
Use the D1 input on the right/slave speaker also.
1: 808.6 Anniversary, 504, Sony ES Bluray player, Apple TV, Trinnov Altitude 32, 7200SEU l/r/c, plus for immersive audio 2: Theta Compli Blu, Apple TV, HD621, G61RSL, B&W Sig 8NT l/r/c, & Runco Plasma 3: 861v8, 504, Apple TV for streaming 3100 l/r/c roon all around
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375 |
Yellow dot means high resolution signal.
www.cmbintegrations.comOne step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
|
|
|
|
1 members (CalenW),
416
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,170
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|