|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171 |
I have been using a remote control in my home theater made by Universal. It is an IR system that has a hub with lots of little wires with IR pads that are physically stuck to the IR sensor on my sources ... Roku, Apple TV box, DirecTV Stream box and my G68 AV Receiver. The Universal System (MX-890 controller, hud and wires) requires an authorized Universal dealer technician to program its functions, so whenever any equipment changes, I have to call them out to my house to re-program the sytsem.
The fun part of finding another remote control is that the Meridian gear is not mainstream and I think some of the programmable remotes out there will not recognize the G68.
Has anyone found a remote that will do the following: a. turn on the JVC projector b. turn on the G68 c. select the proper audio connection on the G68 for my three different sources d. adjust the volume on the G68 e. select the proper HDMI input from my HDMI hub f. Optional: control play, pause, rewind etc on Roku, DirecTV Stream, AppleTV g. When finished, turn off the JVC Projector and G68
Those are basics that I need. I always have my source remotes nearby so I can use them to select Netflix vs. Prime, etc. I always have my Meridian control nearby so I can select different DSPs, center channel volume, etc.
G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19 |
Sounds like a job for the Logitech Harmony series of remotes or Sofabaton.
Chris Srces: Squeezebox Touch | OSMC Vero 4K+ Procs: HD621 > G61R > Minidsp DDRC-88D Spkrs: 7200.2 + 5KC + 5Ks | iNuke6K > USC15 | iNuke3K > 2 x Crowson T108SS Video: JVC HD950 & 1.9m React3 2.4:1 screen Room: 5.8x2.8m | Various GIK Panels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,979 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,979 Likes: 200 |
Logitech ceased production of their Harmony remotes a few years ago.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19 |
True, but they're still supported by their servers so secondhand is an option.
Chris Srces: Squeezebox Touch | OSMC Vero 4K+ Procs: HD621 > G61R > Minidsp DDRC-88D Spkrs: 7200.2 + 5KC + 5Ks | iNuke6K > USC15 | iNuke3K > 2 x Crowson T108SS Video: JVC HD950 & 1.9m React3 2.4:1 screen Room: 5.8x2.8m | Various GIK Panels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171 |
Does anybody know if the Sofabaton remotes "recognize" the Meridian receiver equipment?
G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375 |
I would recommend keeping the system you have and getting it updated when you need to or making nice with a URC dealer (hint) and learning how to do the edits instead of spending your time fiddling with a different, possibly less capable remote.
www.cmbintegrations.comOne step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 79 Likes: 7
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Feb 2022
Posts: 79 Likes: 7 |
I have a Logitech Harmony remote I never use. If interested, let me know. I live near Detroit.
Bill Walker
Bill Walker
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
230
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|