logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
I love my 3200 bookshelf speakers, and was wondering if there are any plans to offer a substantial upgrade package similar to the 8K XE power pack upgrade that is being offered.
I would be interested, as this room is where I reside most often and the 3200’s have been just terrific.
I cannot put a larger speaker in this room, but I would consider an update.


861v8 || 818v3, UHD722, Oppo 105D, DSP8KSE L/R, DSP7200HCSE, DSP5K Rears, DSW, Kaleidescape Cinema One [x2], Roku4K, Apple TV || DSP6K - 2 channel, HD621 || Roon Core / QNAP TVS-872XT || 218 || MacIntosh CS200 || MacIntosh MI128 || DSP3200 L/R
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Very unlikely I'm afraid.

Best wishes

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Yes, I think only the Reference series gets XE/Performance Pack treatment. That means DSP5200 series and DSP7200 series. Now what year this will happen I do not know. So you have some time to consider fitting DSP5200XEHC center speakers in a vertical configuration in a custom color to perhaps get you what you want. I'll bet they'll sound terrific. smile

As to why, the DSP3200 does not have a regular tweeter or a current BE tweeter. It would have to be a complete redesign to make that happen. Not a "simple" update, even though the Performance Pack seem to be so much more since they cleaned up the filters into the Atlas design.

Last edited by Crion; 2023-02-26 19:12.

DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
1 member likes this: JRZDRM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Thanks, very helpful that makes sense. Some good things to think about!


861v8 || 818v3, UHD722, Oppo 105D, DSP8KSE L/R, DSP7200HCSE, DSP5K Rears, DSW, Kaleidescape Cinema One [x2], Roku4K, Apple TV || DSP6K - 2 channel, HD621 || Roon Core / QNAP TVS-872XT || 218 || MacIntosh CS200 || MacIntosh MI128 || DSP3200 L/R
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 593
Likes: 13
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 593
Likes: 13
I’d be happy with an MQA upgrade 🤔

Regards
David


G65, 210, HD621, DSP5200.2, DSP3300C, DSP3200,

NUC 7i5 Roon Core, Apple TV 4K, Blustream SW41AB-V2, Panasonic TX55fx802, EE8 switch

Multiroom - Ms200, Nile’s ZR4
Bedroom - 251
1 member likes this: JRZDRM

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (GMT, Colin Triggs), 257 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.042s Queries: 27 (0.017s) Memory: 0.8438 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 06:54:25 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS