|
|
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1 |
Thank you very much, Stuart!
That looks like the solution to my problem, when I get home later I'll have a go at re-typing them, and then with any luck I should have some success.
565, DSP5000 (smiley face 96/24), D1500 (96/24)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1 |
Just to finish up on this thread.
I have now ordered the required Meridian leads from MI' on this forum, and retyping my speakers as per Stuart's guidance has made them respond to the remote, so thank you very much everyone for this very helpful and friendly forum.
565, DSP5000 (smiley face 96/24), D1500 (96/24)
|
|
1 member likes this:
Neil H |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 209 Likes: 43
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 209 Likes: 43 |
My advice when you get your cables is to set up the 5000's as a pair first and get them working then move on to subs etc later, It just rules out complexity when things don't quite go to plan.
Rgds Stuart
Linn LP12, Ittok LV11, Arkiv, Linn Kairn as a phono stage, MPmax 221, DSP6000's, WiiM Pro streamer.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Good advice that Stuart, It's exactly how I started my adventures with Meridian DSP based systems.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 15 Likes: 1 |
StuWils,
That seems like a very sensible idea, especially as I'm not quite sure how to configure the D1500 subwoofer. I'm not sure whether it is best to set the main L+R speakers as large on the 565, and then connect it to the DSP5000s' digital output and have it simply supplementing them (not using the sub output on the 565 at all), or set the main L+R speakers as small on the 565 and use a layout with a mono sub in it.
If I go for the second option, what do people suggest would be an appropriate crossover to set for the sub? The DSP5000 specifications suggest that they are good down to 35Hz, but that seems quite low to me, would something like 50Hz or 60Hz be more sensible?
Thanks
565, DSP5000 (smiley face 96/24), D1500 (96/24)
|
|
|
|
1 members (JCD),
287
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|