logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Hi,

Any interest here before I get my act in gear and list on flabby?

I have a pair of Black Ash DSP5000's that have just been serviced (checked over and recapped and resistors and the speakers sketched over and tighten'd up).

One Black Ash DSP5000HC (checked over and recapped and resistors and the speakers sketched over and tighten'd up).

All have just been checked over and serviced by Steve Perry (thank you ~Steve) and are ready for another 20 years!
They were going to form my system - only I got carried away buying Meridian stuff and ended up with more speakers than I'm allowed!

I was thinking about £550 for the DSP5000's and £300 for the DSP5000HC sounded fair.

Anyone?

Mark

Last edited by Carl; 2023-01-03 17:40. Reason: Added 18 bit and "H" for horizontal
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Mark,

I fondly remember my Trifield DSP5000 setup, great performance for their cabinet size.

To aid potential buyers, some questions:

- What version are these speakers (18 or 24 bit)
- What type of display do they have (7 segment, Dot Matrix, "Smiley")
- Is the centre speaker a horizontal or vertical format

Good luck with your sale.
Regards
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Thanks Carl

They are all 18bit speakers, and are the original design (not smiley - I think all smiley's are 24/96).

and the C is a horizontal one (if I could work out how to put pics in the forum - I would!) smile

They all have the latest firmware for their model and have been fully 'gone over' by Steve smile using the quality parts he normally uses - great guy and really helpful

Mark

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Thanks Mark,

I've updated the topic's title to reflect ...

For images, I wish the forum software managed them better but it is what it is ...

I created this Embedding weblinks and images in posts - How to Guide which should help if you're inclined to take a stab at it.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
5000HC sold,

5000's still available.

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 44
Likes: 1
All Sold now


Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Colin Triggs, AudioImages - Rick, MarkQV, Mr_Sukebe, Locus, Toony), 281 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.046s Queries: 27 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8467 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 17:07:21 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS