logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
I have been wanting to hook my pair of DSP3100's and play my Nord Stage Piano through them. The keyboard has regular 1/4" ouput jacks. Could I just run a cable that has 1/4" plug on one end and an RCA plug on the other and plug the RCA into the digital inputs on the back of the DSP's? Or would I need some kind of controller box in between them? I don't have any old Merdian signal processor kit laying around.


G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Assuming the piano output is SPDIF digital, yes. Set the 3100 to type one and control the volume with the Meridian remote.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
I'm confused about how a signal coming out of piano 1/4" plugs could be SPDIF digital?


G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
You’ll need an ADC in between; a cheap Meridian processor or controller would also work, a 565 or 562.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 171
Just found out there is no SPDIF out from the piano. Guess it won't work.


G68SL, G98DH, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, JL Audio F112 Sub, DirecTV, Sonos, 4 Revivers (Highend-Source)
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
Don’t give up so easily, solutions are cheap and easily available:

Link

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
One thing to consider is that every ADC and D/A will introduce an every-so-slight delay. I’ve found that it was enough to be not workable when I tried to use my 3200s hooked up as follows:

Pioneer mixing deck -> analog SPDIF -> Meridian 218’s analog input -> SL inputs on the 3200s.

Perhaps with piano this doesn’t matter, but I have my Yamaha CP88 stage piano connected to active monitors from Boehringer. When I have some time later this week I’ll see if I can connect my Yamaha piano to the 3200s through the 218 and report back.


Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 230 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.042s Queries: 29 (0.018s) Memory: 0.8512 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 23:02:10 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS