|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
I am trying to connect an analogue source (Rega P2 turntable connected to an Audible Illusions Modulus 3 pre-amp+phono-stage) to my 808.3 and have encountered a strange behavior. The 808.3 has 6 sets of stereo analogue RCA inputs and when I connect to any of the side-by-side inputs (e.g. A1 and B1) I get only one channel. But when I connect them to jacks on on top of another (e.g. A1 and A2) I get both the channels. Is this expected behavior?
I have tried to rule out a typing error by changing from my custom type to the standard type 1 and there's no change in this behavior (it is consistent and replicable). All other inputs work fine (they are digital). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Sources: Roon Nucleus, Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV, Processor: Meridian 808.3 , Speakers: DSP7200SE, Projector: SIM2 Lumis, Stewart 140" Custom Filmscreen
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
That is how it works. Not intuitive but correct. The 818 is the same. Embrace the eccentricity 
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
Ah I see - that's a relief. I thought I was going crazy!
Thanks Gianni
Sources: Roon Nucleus, Oppo BDP-103, AppleTV, Processor: Meridian 808.3 , Speakers: DSP7200SE, Projector: SIM2 Lumis, Stewart 140" Custom Filmscreen
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
255
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|