|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
I've fallen back into obsessive mode and having a HiFi spending purge I've noticed that my sound is never consistent in quality might be my head haha. This would be a for a Meridian 808.2 into DSP7200.2, I have dedicated mains at present I was looking at puritan 156 I didn't want something that would chock the dynamics.
Anyway anyone had good experiences with mains conditioners?
Thanks in advance, Justin (HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY !!!)
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
For the same money you can upgrade to 818v3 (assuming the kits are still available) which will give you a guaranteed and significant upgrade.
JM2C
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200 |
Following VirusKiller’s suggestion earlier this year, I bought an APC Mains Block. Previously, I was prepared to spend serious money on a Russ Andrews Mains Block.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069 Likes: 67
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,069 Likes: 67 |
Many of us here are fans of the Shunyata power distributors and cables. There is nothing inside that could strangle power delivery and they can be found from time to time for sale on the used markets. For low power devices such as my 818, I've also found the PS Audio P5 effective, however they don't work well with the DSP speakers.
Last edited by Jeremy A-H; 2021-12-31 21:24.
Prolific music listener / Hi-Fi addict!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
I have found the reliability of PS power products to be poor and their ability/ willingness to support even worse over the years. When the products worked they were good.
Shunyata /Denali I found very effective on DSP’s.
808v6 I detected less benefit.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941 Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941 Likes: 9 |
I have found Vertex AQ and Quiescent power conditioners to be very good with my Meridian system. They help lower noise floor, increase detail, presence and dynamics and give tight, extended clean bass.
Asa Post
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 386 Likes: 30
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 386 Likes: 30 |
Shunyata /Denali I found very effective on DSP’s Me, too. After hearing what the Denali conditioner did for my theater SEs, I added one in the living room.
Server: Audiolinux Roon NUC w/HAF room correction and crosstalk cancellation Theater: 218, Allo Signature, miniDSP, HD621, C61R, DSP5200SEu, 420, 33, NHT subs EtherREGEN w/Finisar fiber, Shunyata Denali Living Room: RPi4 Diretta Host & Target, Ghent USB > Singxer SU-6 > AES NA M-Links > DSP9 Shunyata TritonV3, LHY lps, Farad Super3, Stack AUVA feet
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 98 Likes: 13
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 98 Likes: 13 |
561, HD621, DSP5000s(24/96), DSP33C, DSP33 surrounds, Pioneer DV575A CD/SACD/DVD-A, Panasonic DB170 (561 to be replaced with G68 shortly.)
|
|
1 member likes this:
Neil H |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1 |
My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59 |
That Russ Andrews 'reveal' video is terrific. 
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941 Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941 Likes: 9 |
Thanks for posting this. The conditioner does not even appear to be star wired, which I would have thought was a minimum requirement.
Last edited by Asa Post; 2022-01-04 09:35. Reason: correction
Asa Post
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 111 Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 111 Likes: 1 |
I have the puritan 156 running all my equipment. feeding the 156 with the Puritan Audio Ultimate Power Cable, from there i use Siltech reference cables wooden be with out it will be getting the Ground Master
861v8, HD621, 818v3. Panasonic 9000. DSP7200SE, DSP7200.2HC, DSP5200.2, DSW.2
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,189
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|