|
|
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 22 |
Hi,
Many years ago when I wanted a surround sound system for DVD playing there was an easy choice. I got a 561, used it for switching video and processing audio. When HDMI and high def video came along then I used my TV for switching video but the 561 sailed on managing the audio via optical out from the TV.
Now I am about to get a 4k Blu-ray player and TV streaming services increasingly offer ATMOS I want a new audio processor. I don't have any analogue sources anymore. I can't seem to find/understand a Meridian offering that will switch HDMI (Blu-ray, xBox, PC), include eARC (for TV streaming) and drive L/R/C/Sub/Rear L/Rear R/Height L/Height R speakers. I currently have L/R/C DSP and Sub/RL/RR analogue.
So I know I will need 2 more speakers could be analogue or DSP. I want a processor that does digital + analogue outputs to ease an upgrade path.
Does Meridian do such a processor?
When you die the one with the most toys wins
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375 |
Short answer is no. However you can use a Meridian 271 with nearly any other brand Atmos processor and keep using your Maridian DSP speakers as well as analog speakers in nearly any combination. The newer processors will handle all the HDMI switching, 4k video and modern 3d codes decoding. Most will also do room correction in one form or the other.
www.cmbintegrations.comOne step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
|
|
|
|
2 members (swpnt, Maxwell98),
545
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|