logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
My G61RSL has died and I need to replace it, not going with a Meridian processor this time.

I would like to get a 271 and hook a 3rd party processor to it. My main use of the system is for home theater, sporadic use.

I’ve looked at a Yamaha CX-A5200 and a Lyngdorf MP-60, Trinnov I feel is getting too expensive.

So far I have put down 3 options.

1. CX-A5200 I’ll use the analog inputs of the 271,
2. Lyngdorf MP-60 I can use analog.
3. Lyngdorf MP-60 with the optional digital 25 pin output to the 271 with Trinnov digital input.

For option 3 I don’t know if it is possible to use the 271 with the Trinnov digital input, any one have knowledge of this?

Option 1 is the least expensive, but wondering how much difference between option 1 and 2 and and if it’s worth the price difference, also if there will be a huge difference going digital (if possible) with the Lyngdorf compared to going analog with it...

Any thoughts and comments are welcome and if there are other options I should look at?


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
bxd Online: Content
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
Hi,

I don’t have any experience of any of this kit but the Lyngdorf looks like a good option.

I think the digital output on the MP-60 is an optional extra, so will be an additional cost which might take you nearer to Trinnov territory. Also, as far as I’m aware the MP-60 doesn’t have any analogue inputs, so you’d be doing an D/A conversion followed by an A/D conversion in the 271 if you don’t have the digital output.(Obviously, the Yamaha will also have the same issue).

I was under the impression that the digital (25pin?) multichannel input on the 271 would work with other manufacturers kit, but sensible to check.

Brian


Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2
System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6.
Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Hi,

Yes the digital out is an optional extra on the Lyngdorf, but I still believe it comes out favorable compared to the Trinnov.

As far as analog in all my my sources are either HDMI or SPDIF so shouldn’t be an issue.


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Both the Trinnov ALT32 8 16 can use the DB 25 AES3 Digital input of the 271.

As mentioned above, there are no analog inputs on the MP60.

A MP60 with AES3 outputs is $13499.00 US MSRP.

A Trinnov ALT 32 8 16 with the 3D codec option and 3D mic is $27500.00 US MSRP.

A Trinnov ALT16 is analog out only and runs $17000.00 US MSRP.

A Lexicon MC10 is a good analog option at around $6000.00.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Thank you for the replies,

God to know that the Lyngdorf can use the DB25 digital connection. And thank you for the Lexicon suggestion, I guess Arcam AV40 might be an option also.

I also found a Storm ISP MK1 unit that I can get for a good price, any experience how this is compared to the Lyngdorf?

Any input if I should prefer analog or digital connection to the 271.


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
I used the Storm in my system as a demo for a couple of weeks. It was able to produce tons of bass so don't use the loudness button. I actually used the Storm without a 271. I used a cat cable patch box that goes fro. CatX cables to AES3 XLR and then used AES3 to SPDIF converters into the DSPs. The Storm is a pretty cool product. The only thing that bothers me about it is there are zero units available on the used market. This suggests that either Storm owners love and will not part with them or, they are not selling very many of them. I suspect the latter.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
That’s interesting, since I have Revivers and SpeakerLink speakers I guess it would be possible to use a Catx to AES3 cable patch box and and connect to the Revivers and SL input on my 7200, then I could use SL out on the 7200 (Set to master) to Reviver and get the Comms from there for my non SL speakers.

Do you have a suggestion for catx to AES3 patch box?

The Storm mk1 I can get is a demo unit with the HDMI 2.1 card, saving me close to $5000 from new price, then I need to get the digital out card. also wondering how the Dirac room correction is compared to the Roomperfect from Lyngdorf. Otherwise the Lyngdorf and Storm are similar priced here in Norway.


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
The RJ45 output of the Storm is 8 channels of AES3 digital audio. Using a MBS bobCat breakout box separates it to 4, 2 channel, AES3 XLR outputs. Using SPDIF converters will get you down to coax where the digital signals can be directly input into DSP speakers such as the 7200's.

DSP speakers such as the DSP3300 or DSP3200 would require a XLR to RJ45 adaptor but this would be digital audio only and not comms. Revivers might be the best choice for SpeakerLink only speakers. Using the breakout box is an economical path but has some caveats when you have SpeakerLink only speakers. If you want to stay SpeakerLink with no other widgets in line, the 271 is the way to go.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Thank you Bruce for your input.

I also found the JBL SDP-75 which I will look into, Looks like it is based on a Trinnov Altitude 32. Might be able to get that for a good price.

Well have lots of options now, so much look into the direction I want to go for processor and if I also want to upgrade with some height speakers.

Right now I have 8000 FL & FR, 7200 center, and 5200 as RR & RL


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
The JBL SDP 75 is a nice processor indeed.


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
Still on the search for my replacement, and options.

If I have processor with Dante Audio, like the JBL Syntehsis SDP-55 what about getting Dante to SPDIF adaptors and connecting them directly to the DSP speakers?


G61RSL, HD621, Dune Smart H1, Oppo BDP-83, 8000, 7200HC, 5200, 4x Reviver, QNAP 809, F80
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Meridian Partner
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861
Likes: 375
I have not done that yet but it should work


www.cmbintegrations.com
One step from the Presidency
#1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218.
#2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies.
#3 Meridian Ellipse
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,470 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 40 (0.055s) Memory: 0.8866 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:42:47 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS