logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 1
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 1
I'm curious about a 808v5 CD player with ID41 card ...

Can this be used just as a CD player, would it have to be configured to work with an 861v8, also DSP Speakers?
What would I need to do to use the ID41 card for? Also do I need Roon and would I have to add quite a few extras.

Also seeing Meridian deleting the CD player, would it be a wise purchase, in relation to repairing these units should you need it in the future?

My other question is would I be better off buying the 210 streamer and implementing this component into my present system?

Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, I really struggle with some of this streaming and especially the Roon thing.
Also Trying to get over a bad bout of depression and I'll health.

Any help on this area would be very gratefully appreciated.
Yours Sincerely Ronald Griffiths


Room 1/ 808v6=Roon=MQA, 861v8, 800v4, UHD722, 504, Innuos Zen3, Pakedge switch, Reavon UBR-200, Oppo 105EU, Front= Right + Left DSP7200SE, Centre DSP7200HSE, Rears= Right + Left DSP5200SE, Samsung QE65"UHD 4k HD TV, Humax 4k Android Set Top box, Talktalk Router, Room 2= Samsung Smart LED TV 5520 40"HD, Humax FVP4000T PVR.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 833
Likes: 161
Hi Ronald,

The 808.5 can be used as a stand-alone CD player and can be integrated into a full Meridian system.

It has a great built-in DAC as well as co-ax digital output and SpeakerLink. You don't need to use the ID41 unless you want to stream.
The ID41 supports Meridian Sooloos (which has now been retired) which Roon also supports.

I run an 808.3 into my system (linked into my DSP6000.2 D2 speaker inputs) and it sounds wonderful.

Depending on how you plan to use it (i.e. either integrate it into your existing system or use it stand-alone) If it is the latter, you will just need a power amplifier and speakers as the 808.5 contains a full pre-amp with analogue and digital inputs.

Spare drives seem hard to obtain but the Teac drives seem pretty resilient and certainly longer-lasting than the ones used in the 800 DVD units.

With regards to the 210, it purely depends on what you are looking to do. Please let us know what you are trying to achieve and I'm sure people will chime in with suggestions on how to achieve it.

I hope you feel better soon and manage to relax and enjoy the listening experience.

Take care,
Steve


Main: 861v6 (LPS), 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SE Anniversaries, DSP5200.2HC, DSP7200.2, SW1600, Sky Q, Cambridge Audio BD, Roon, M80
Office: 861v4 (LPS), 818v3, 800v4, HD621, M&K S150P, DSP5500HC, M&K MPS2810 sub x2
Son's system: 861v4, HD621, DSP6000.2, DSP5200HC, DSP33
Spare: MCD, 100 Series, 200 Series, 500 Series, F80s, C15s.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 666 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 19 (0.022s) Memory: 0.8233 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 16:43:16 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS