logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#288389 2019-10-15 16:54
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
System QNAP TS-251, Meridian MS200 and a Meridian C15 at a holiday home in Spain. Got another Meridian system at my main home.

I stupidly updated the firmware on my QNAP having just added a second hard disk and decided to use it for more than just music (the new interface is much better as a result) but of course I can no longer see my Sooloos collection.

I thought I would use this as a catalyst to move to Roon - so I have successfully installed Roon on my NAS, but am having trouble locating the music files. I subsequently, following much forum research discovered I should have exported the files via Control:C to the Roon folder first, but of course I can no longer do this as I cant access Sooloos.

I decided I would have to revert back to a 4.0.2 version of QTS to start again, but having found a website to download it from eventually (not available on the QNAP downloads) my NAS won't accept it and I just get a file error.

Any suggestions other than abandoning my plan and getting a copy of the files when I return home and sorting out next time I'm in spain?
My wife is in danger of killing me if I spend much more time on this.


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742
Likes: 54
I have older firmwares for my TS-253A but the QNAP model number (ie TS-253A) is in the firmware file name. Whether it would work just by amending the file name I do not know (I had to press QNAP very hard to let me have the older files, but in the end they obliged).
PM me if of any interest.
Nick


Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K
TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C)
Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3
Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Roon should be able to read the Sooloos files, just add the music folder location in the settings, storage tab, so if you are running Roon core on a PC and your music is on the NAS in a shared folder called Music then in the Roon storage tab add a network storage location with the path ‘smb://nas name or IP/Music’.

For example ‘smb://192.168.1.65/Music’ it is a good idea to fill in the user and password fields, these are the NAS Admin user and admin password, defaults are Admin admin.

To see the names of shared folders on the NAS look in filestation on the NAS web interface, worth bearing in mind that once Roon has added all the files you can do a full export to a disk where all files will be exported in native format eg the format they were imported in.

Edit Just seen you are running Roon on the TS251, this is quite underpowered for Roon so may not perform quite as you hope.

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks Nick - I looked at the process to manually install older software and it looks quite complex and I wonder if it will create more problems. The good thing is that i've got everything backed up at home so patience might be a virtue and it could be better to wait until I get home and bring back the music files and focus on Roon. Unless someone has a bright idea.


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks - I have had another go - the issue was within the overall Sooloos file there was no indication where the actual music files were held. Anyway after a bit of trial and error I’ve located them and Roon magically started importing all my albums including the virtual Tidal albums - really impressed.

I’m on a journey of discovery and looking forward to it. Also surprised my MS200 works seamlessly as I had thought I would need to find another streamer.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (NPJ, Jon Raines), 402 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.037s Queries: 25 (0.019s) Memory: 0.8437 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 19:26:00 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS