logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
I found some URLs which work. Probably lousy quality, but they work.

Code
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio2_mf_p
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio3_mf_p
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio5live_mf_p
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_6music_mf_p

I'm not sure if these can be used in a Sooloos context.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
The responsible person at the BBC has responded to the complaints about this change.

The effect of this change is that BBC radio listeners in the UK only are prevented from listening to BBC radio via TuneIn.

The change does not affect listeners in other countries who access BBC radio via TuneIn.

Nor does it affect listeners in the UK who use TuneIn to access any other radio station from anywhere.

The reason for this change is that the BBC wanted data from TuneIn about who was listening, from where and when. Now they will not receive that data from TuneIn. Nor, ironically, will they get that data from those who listen via other web-based routes and who chose to switch off data sharing, or those who listen via FM or DAB.


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Maybe the solution is, bizarrely, to listen to TuneIn via a VPN.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 169
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 169
Isn't the key point that Kieran Clifton is missing is that some listeners prefer their data not to be collected but don't see why they should be excluded from a service they pay for, especially as those that don't pay (overseas) can continue to listen without providing data?


Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Gianni, I suspect that may be Radio 4 LW.
I just checked the TuneIn radio website which reports that both BBC Radio 4 FM and BBC Radio 4 LW are not available. They do show a Radio 4 however.

Whatever I am listening too is a BBC Radio 4 but appears to be in mono with reduced SQ manifesting as loss of bass and less than perfect treble compared with my recollection of the previous stream - but still listenable for those episodes from Ambridge


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Sad days in Ambridge Indeed. The end of an era.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
Sad days in Ambridge Indeed. The end of an era.
"Permission to wobble lower lip sir?"


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Permission Granted.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ChrisSwain), 635 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.073s Queries: 34 (0.045s) Memory: 0.8692 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 19:49:58 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS