I am experimenting with placement and setting. I seem to have screwed something up as my sound in the mids and highs has become very muddy and distant compared to where is was. I placed them back to there original position but still the same?
I have a 218 streaming from Tidal as well as my library.
The SE’s appear to need more toe-in than previously required. Are you certain they are still pointing almost directly at the listening position after moving them back?
Worth checking the connections too, in case they are loose or a tab got snapped on one of the speakerlink plugs.
If you are chasing a stereo image, more toe in is required.
www.cmbintegrations.com One step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
Only one can be master whether daisy chained or home run, with the master to the master port and slave to the slave port on the 218 if wired as home run or just to the master port if daisy chained.
Thanks, with a lot of moving around I have been able to improvement the sound a lot.
It seems counter intuitive to have to place them closer? However, it worked better.
I am using type 1 with the 5200SE and a 218 controller. I have had several Meridian setups over the years. I just cant shake the feeling that the setting are not as tuned in as can be for optimal sound. Not 100% yet on my critical listing tracks but will keep trying.
www.cmbintegrations.com One step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse