logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#283811 2019-03-19 08:09
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Hi everyone.

I guess there is a big shift in how we experience music, going toward simpler and easier way (Airplay, Bluetooth) at the expense of the degradation in sound quality.

Anyway, I was very excited about this 210 streamer because it will bring more simple music experience. I enjoy simple airplay as much as high quality sounding music. The link here shows many of my efforts to go airplay without much degrade in sound.. years back.. Airplay with DSP.

So simply, I am excited because 210 will be able bring me airplay. But, it is taking too long, and I just checked with dealer here in my country, and he is doubtful about importing 210 streamer because there won't be enough demand. He recommends 218 instead.

My question is... will there be any difference in sound quality if I go Airplay with (Airport Express) - (optical) - (218) or simply 210?

Oh, and additional question is... what more do I get if I go from MS200 (now) to 218 do I lose anything?

Thank you so much!


DSP: DSP6000.2 MKII, Reviver,
Audio: MS200, Super Linear Power Supply 12V1A, SotM ISO-Cat6
Core+Store: ROON on ROCK
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
It might be more practical to import a 210 directly from the UK.

The 210 should be available by the end of this month.

AirPlay will always be limited/truncated to 16/48.

The 210 is ‘Roon Ready’ - and since you already have Roon, why would you prefer AirPlay (other than streaming to the 210 from your iPhone)?

You can directly connect your NUC to the USB input on the 210.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Thank you very much for the comment.

Although I have Roon (started in 2015 as many of members here) and enjoying it fully, there are limitations when it comes to streaming Korean music sources, K-Pop. For the latest K-pop music, as well as other new releases, my options are limited to using the iPad / iPhone apps (such as Bugs or Melon) and then to the Airplay.

So you are suggesting that I should wait for 210 streamer... dealer offered 30% discount on 218, which is tempting but I guess I will wait and see.

Thank you.


DSP: DSP6000.2 MKII, Reviver,
Audio: MS200, Super Linear Power Supply 12V1A, SotM ISO-Cat6
Core+Store: ROON on ROCK
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
I am still trying to decide if I go with 218 or 210 for my audio end-point upgrade. No money for both.. (cheap cheap)

218 is definitely an upgrade for increasing input/output perspective, but is it really an upgrade from MS200 in terms of music quality? (non-MQA)

210 is not out yet, but would it be any better quality music than 218 (changing Sooloos to RAAT? (at least in theory?) or equal?

It would be better to ask this question once the product is released, but wanted to get some view from the experts here.

Simply, playing to Meridian DSP, my simplified assessment of music quality of source is this...

ID41 >> ID40 >= MS600 > MS200 > (core+store sources, MCs, Controls, etc.) Where do 218 and 210 fit in?

Thank you so much~


DSP: DSP6000.2 MKII, Reviver,
Audio: MS200, Super Linear Power Supply 12V1A, SotM ISO-Cat6
Core+Store: ROON on ROCK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 18
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 18
Meridian 218 FAQs
Originally Posted by Meridian 218 FAQs
“The performance of the 218 is somewhere between the MS200 and the MS600 on PCM files up to 24 bit/96KHz. So for a collection made up of mainly CD-quality material, the MS600 has the edge on the 218 by virtue of its superior power supply circuits, digital signal processing and output stages.”


Martin Logan 11A, Luxman 509X, Meridian 218, Marantz 8805, McIntosh 7106, Martin Logan Stage
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 164
Oh.. this is pretty clear.. thank you for sharing this information!


DSP: DSP6000.2 MKII, Reviver,
Audio: MS200, Super Linear Power Supply 12V1A, SotM ISO-Cat6
Core+Store: ROON on ROCK

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick7), 1,088 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 27 (0.045s) Memory: 0.8446 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 22:50:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS