logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 74
Likes: 9
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 74
Likes: 9
I have been working on the Winebottled version last night, The new public beta of Mojave is throwing errors the standard version works, so Apple are doing something that messes up wine ATM, I will keep you all posted


Various music kit, lots of IT stuff
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
I don’t run Control:Mac anymore as I don’t have Sooloos but doesn’t Control:PC work on Windows in a Virtualbox VM? It’s free.


Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
I downloaded Crossover and IE 8, then via the IP address on my MC200 was able to download to my MacBook Pro a copy of Control:PC.

The installer is sitting on my MacBook but if I double click on it doesn't open Control:PC it just has a spinning wheel. What program did you use within Crossover to get it working?


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 60
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 60
Tried CrossOver Mac, it sort of works, Control:PC is kind of slow and clunky. It can't do Backup or Restore as it can't see the external drive connected to the Mac.

It's just a bandaid, not a real permanent solution.


C15, QNAP TS453a, 218 (3u), MS600, Roon Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
2Ch: Devialet 250 PRO, Focal Scala, Velodyne DD10+ (2u), PS Audio P12, Transparent MM2
HT: Anthem 1140 & 540 8K AVR, Panasonic BD, 7.2: Triad & DD10+
JVC RS4300, Stewart 110" screen,
House: Triad Amps, Sonance speakers, PS Audio P10
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 545
Likes: 23
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 545
Likes: 23
Would it be possible to use Control:Mac on a Mac with older OS (YOSEMITE)?


M2.0>ROON: C15/DSP6K
C2.2>ROON: ALLO DIGIONE/DSP5K+D2500x2
W2.2>ROON: C10/DSP33+D2500
R2.0>ROON R: MiniDSP SHD>SCHIIT Freya+(Forkbeard)>3eAudio A7 Mono>>>Apogee Scintilla

Projects. ROON streamer with serial RS232 volume control
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
The cast iron method for running Control:PC on a Mac is to partition your hard drive for running BootCamp.

Run a minimal Windows OS on BootCamp. Minimal cost and legitimate Windows product keys are easily available on eBay.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Yes. You can still run Control:Mac on a Apple laptop running a older version of OSX.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 545
Likes: 23
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 545
Likes: 23
Thanks, this is what I was needing to know. Windows makes me nauseous.


M2.0>ROON: C15/DSP6K
C2.2>ROON: ALLO DIGIONE/DSP5K+D2500x2
W2.2>ROON: C10/DSP33+D2500
R2.0>ROON R: MiniDSP SHD>SCHIIT Freya+(Forkbeard)>3eAudio A7 Mono>>>Apogee Scintilla

Projects. ROON streamer with serial RS232 volume control
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
I ordered a Windows laptop from Amazon just to run Control:PC. I sent it back the next day.
I will keep Control:Mac on a older MacBook Air until it dies or I just say the heck with it and run Roon on the whole house network. The two channel setup is all Roon now.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Still no joy Chris?


Control:15, QNAP, DSP5200SE, 818v.3,Panasonic 55" TV, Panasonic bluray player, Stax SR 009 Earspeaker System, , 27" iMac, iPads Mini & Air, iPod touch.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
As a result of Meridian deserting Mac users, probably because Control:Mac would need to be rewritten as a 64-bit program to work on the next Mac OS - no 32-bit support anymore, I have had to try to use Control:PC.

I use VMware Fusion emulation, latest version is 11. This runs Windows 7 and has let me run the occasion program that does not have an equivalent on a Mac. I can find the Control:15 core in Windows on any browser by entering the address but need to import/export as well. I can download and run Control:PC but then I just get a screen saying that it is connecting and a wheel of death. I have erased and reloaded Control:PC several times without benefit. I do not know much about Windows, but have ensured that any virus program is turned off and that the firewall is down.

My system is a little black Mac Pro wired to a Cisco switch which is wired to the router. The Control:15 is also wired into the same switch. Just to see what happened, I did try the whole thing with a wireless Macbook Pro, with exactly the same results.

Although I do not have a touch screen, I even downloaded TouchPC from Meridian, and that also hangs while it tries to find the core. I don't really want to use Bootcamp (never have) because I think it makes me restart and choose which system to run, so that I cannot perform work in the Mac environment while using Control:PC. Also, I do not know whether that will work any better than the emulation program. Although I could be wrong about all that.

Needless to say, Control:Mac works perfectly for me for now.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Ross


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Originally Posted by RossJ
“A little Black Mac Pro”?
Some clarification required. Is it the former ‘waste paper bin’ design? Or, is it some other model.

Even so, my experience of emulation programs is that they don’t completely play nice with Meridian software as efficiently as one would like.

Reality is that BootCamp is the way to go. Sadly, that excludes simultaneously utilising Mac programs.

My opinion is that it’s time to abandon Sooloos for Roon.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick7), 1,088 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.083s Queries: 40 (0.056s) Memory: 0.8846 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 23:03:29 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS