The writing has been on the wall for some time that Meridian isn't willing to support their non-Windows users. This is one of the reasons I decided to dump my 808v6 and move from Sooloos to Roon in my 2-channel room.
I still maintain a old laptop with an older version of Control:Mac that I can use until I switch the whole house system over to Roon from the MC200.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
Wow! This is RIDICULOUS! How can Meridian just forsake their faithful users who uses Control:Mac?
I am stocked with this issue since upgrading to Mojave. Looks like I have too either buy Parallel and install Windows (which is stupid to do) on my Mac, downgrade back to the older version of Mac OS (prior to Mojave) OR move on to new gears like Aurender!
This is so sad of Meridian's attitude and probably signalling the end of their brand as no one who uses Mac OS will want to buy something like this where without notice, they just stopped supporting their users!
Can any of the dealers confirm if this cancellation of Control:Mac support is true?
Run bootcamp on the Mac you will find it in applications, download a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft, free as an ISO image, it will install without a licence and you will be able to run it as such you will just be missing certain features and the ability to update, these do not affect the operation of Control:PC, far from ideal though.
I fear this is the the latest sign that the exciting times we were ‘promised’ at Roon’s birth are not going to happen. Sooloos is not going to get significant updates or even basic support in the future. Roon is the new Sooloos and Meridian hardware should be thought of as Roon endpoints not Sooloos components.
I really hope I’m wrong but all the evidence seems to point in another direction.
Chris
Lounge/Cinema, Trinnov, DSP8000XE, 4x 320.2 in-ceiling, M6 rear, 2x DSW.2 Roon Nucleus+ and 320.2 in-ceiling in many rooms (KEF in-ceiling in bathrooms) Spare: DSP5000, 598, 562v2, 500Mk2, 518, 519, 504, 101B, M3, 861v4, 800 DVD, MS600, MC200
Yes I emailed Meridian and got this reply today ...
Quote
Good afternoon Andy,
Thank you for contacting Meridian.
Ongoing changes made by Apple to MacOS have led us to decide there will be no further development of “Control:Mac” for Sooloos. We do however continue to support the alternative program “Control:PC” in order to provide maintenance functionality for Sooloos systems from computers running Windows.
One of the factors which influenced us on this matter is the option for Mac users to use the alternative program “Control:PC” within PC-emulator software on their machines. Using such a set-up also provides the option of using our more advanced control interface program “Touch:PC”. Although the full functionality of Touch:PC is accessed with a touchscreen-equipped PC, it also works well without a touchscreen; using a mouse and a keyboard. We find that many Sooloos users have TouchPC for their day-to-day listening while reserving Control:PC for tasks relating to the maintenance and curation of their music collection.
Regards, Meridian Support Team www.meridian-audio.com
Meridian produce extremely poor product teaser communications and yet it is down to a forum member to advise that Control:Mac is no longer being supported... priorities.
And Sooloos core on QNAP won’t work on the latest QTS software, I wonder if that's being worked on?