I thought part of this DAC/headphone amp group test, on this Greek site AVmentor.gr - Meridian Prime would be interesting for tech-freaks, who appreciate specs and want to know all details about their audio gear!
It is site AVmentor.gr.
Mr Stamatakos is not your run-of-the-mill Hi-End reviewer, praising "magical" - "veil-lifting" devices based on his golden ears. He uses really hi-tech (and expensive!) gear to meticulously measure and test, before any critical listening. It's always fun to read him, something new to learn every time ... You can skip the Greek part and focus on the charts. If you are curious enough, you can compare with the other devices tested. No personal connection with neither the site nor the author, I don't even own a Prime...
Google Translate is doing an admirable job on this:
Quote
Finally ... Although Prime is not a new device, it fully reflects Meridian's views on both its design and its capabilities, especially in the digital track. Having the basic connectivity capabilities (and, unexpectedly, no conventional digital input), it can also be used as a preamplifier, but its basic job is clearly driving a headset. And it's a job that does it very well, offering top-quality testing for audio quality, surpassing, even marginally, the reference amplifier in some of the assessment parameters.
I agree.
Living Roon: MS200 > Reviver > MiniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac > DSP5200 | Headroon: Allo USBridge / SBooster PSU > Prime / SBooster PSU > MrSpeakers ÆON Flow Closed | Bedroon: Bluesound Pulse 2 | Roon Server @ NUC6i5 on Debian Stretch
No 18 in the Hall of fame I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone