Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
Great! Got the core update and am now waiting for my iPad to catch up with its update.
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
This is a superb development, and a game changer for those of us still with some legacy products. I am listening to MQA decoded by Roon on via an MS600 in my office and I am so glad I did not sell it to get another 218. Presumably 861 owners can smile again, and anyone who snapped up an MS200 very lucky.
A few other thoughts...
I can now access the Absolute Radio high bit rate Ogg Streams... are there other similar radio stations?
I compared Roon decoding of MQA with that in a 218. I thought the latter was a tiny bit cleaner and still a sensational product its own right.
It will be very interesting to see what owners of Linn Streamers make of MQA.
A very good day.
Richard
Zone 1: 861v8+ID41, 818V3, UHD722, Shunyata Denali, Network Acoustics Tempus, DSP7200SE, DSP5200SE Zone 2: 818v3, PS Audio P5, DSP 7000, SOtM sNH-10G, Mutec Ref120, Ultra Dac, Cavalli Liquid Gold, Hifiman Susvara Zone 3: Antipodes Oladra, PS Audio P20, SOtM sNH-10G & sCLK-OCX10, Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Amplifier, Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution