logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
SpeakerLink 5200s for £1775!

That is a hell of a lot of kit for very little outlay.

Anyone on hear?


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Meridian Partner
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 632
Very good price for an upgradable pair...!





Martins HiFi Meridian Partner for East Anglia 01603 627010
Our History Meet the Team
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Arguably about right, recent sales above £2k may have been the outliers... Especially compared to 6ks going for very little more and a whole different class of speaker.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
MI' Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
Hi I must agree with respect to 6k speakers, but can they be serviced readily?

Regards I


Under review
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Then again, on eBay, someone is trying to get £900 for their MC200 - when a new one costs £99 more.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Plus, unless you have a couple of centres, they are hardly lookers! laugh

I think £1775 for EBA 5200s is an absolute bargain.

Plus we had a SpeakerLink G68 in the trade sales with linear PSU for £999 this week, some real bargains around.


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by MI'
Hi I must agree with respect to 6k speakers, but can they be serviced readily?
Well the amp boards are fairly standard affairs apparently. There are digital boards around (eBay), so probably.

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by gIzzE
Plus, unless you have a couple of centres, they are hardly lookers! laugh
There are those who find Meridians curved speakers ugly (not me). I wouldn’t presume to pronounce on taste though. Art Deco has its followers, but it’s more about what the speakers do. SQ is always in fashion...

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Try telling that to my wife!! wink


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Originally Posted by Ogri
Originally Posted by gIzzE
Plus, unless you have a couple of centres, they are hardly lookers! laugh
There are those who find Meridians curved speakers ugly (not me). I wouldn’t presume to pronounce on taste though. Art Deco has its followers, but it’s more about what the speakers do. SQ is always in fashion...
I have to agree. I love the look of my DSP5000 smileys; so elegant.

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
I hated the 5200s in our sitting room.......

[Linked Image from zen104526.zen.co.uk]

....but loved them in the TV room....

[Linked Image from zen104526.zen.co.uk]



I went back to 5000s in there, great design imho...

[Linked Image from zen104526.zen.co.uk]




I can't believe how dated that room looks now!

This is the room now, and the 5200s just didn't look right in there at all, couldn't get them to sound right either.

[Linked Image from zen104526.zen.co.uk]

I think speaker design is very room dependant, some designs simply work better in different rooms.
I think my Harbeths work really well in that room, they look like a vintage design, because they are a vintage design.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]







This was my Quads, which although similar to the DSP5200s, being roughly the same height, piano black etc. they just didn't look as good in there.

[Linked Image from zen104526.zen.co.uk]


No Darling, I've had it months!

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Kent_in_AoNZ, MVirgil), 481 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.082s Queries: 37 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8781 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 03:01:06 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS