This just appeared on my LinkedIn timeline: Meridian Live!. They say:
Quote
We are delighted to invite you to Meridian Live!; a day packed full of new product demonstrations, hands-on workshops and informative discussions. Meridian Live! will take place at Meridian HQ on 16th November 2017 and include lunch, drinks and more to celebrate our 40th birthday.
You will also have the chance to listen to our award-winning 200 Series range, including CEDIA's Best New Hardware of 2017 - the Meridian 218 Zone Controller. We look forward to seeing you!
It appears to be open to anyone. Is anyone able to go and report back?
Cheers Simon
Roon Nucleus, Raspberry Pi + HifiBerry DIGI+ Pro, DSP3100. Also another Raspberry Pi running Roon extensions with a Griffin PowerMate controller. Unused: MC200.
Seems a bit unfair when 90% of their ‘dealers’ will bring them less business than many of us HH’s have individually brought them over the years. Still, we’ve all got to think of the greater good I suppose, if through this event M do manage to generate more sales, then ultimately we might benefit through more M investment in bringing new products to market?
I didn't notice the "Trade Dealers and Press only" wording, perhaps because I had already realised I couldn't go. Ah well, ah well, hopefully MattP's ticket works out!
Roon Nucleus, Raspberry Pi + HifiBerry DIGI+ Pro, DSP3100. Also another Raspberry Pi running Roon extensions with a Griffin PowerMate controller. Unused: MC200.
Seems a bit unfair when 90% of their ‘dealers’ will bring them less business than many of us HH’s have individually brought them over the years. Still, we’ve all got to think of the greater good I suppose, if through this event M do manage to generate more sales, then ultimately we might benefit through more M investment in bringing new products to market?
Do you honestly believe HH’s are significant in Meridian's plans, I certainly don’t.
John Buchanan was online here today so they do care what is going on in these forums.
www.cmbintegrations.com One step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse