logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#265111 2017-06-09 19:39
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Just got hold of one of these (upgrade from 561).

I have configured all the sources. However, on the default home page, only two of the 4 sources show up assigned to the soft buttons. Two soft buttons are blank, unassigned. I'd like to use them.

How do I assign a source to the soft buttons on the home page?

Obvs, I've read the manual, but maybe I missed it.

Cheers all.



Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Have you tried configuring it from the Mconfig program on a Windows PC? I did when my friend purchased a G61R and I recall it was very straightforward.

Page 20 and 21 of the G61 Manual seem to discuss what you are trying to do.

Russ

#265113 2017-06-09 20:36
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Thanks for super fast reply!

Hmm, no PC (Mac). Was able to configure everything from panel, but don't see how this works from the instructions. Clearly possible as two sources show up but two don't.



Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
bxd Online: Content
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
Hi,

Use the wizard from the front panel and set the components you want to use to 'in use'.

Brian


Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2
System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6.
Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 143
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 143
When you say "Home Page" do you mean the first screen displayed on the G61 when it's switched on ?

I think, as mentioned above, you can setup sources using the front panel but to assign the soft keys I think you need to use mconfig. If you want special names to appear (I have a button labelled Roon) rather than just source names then I'm sure that needs mconfig.


Current Mismash of components :
1) TV System Living Room
2) Media Streaming Kitchen
3) Cinema System
4) Media Streaming Room 2
5) Other stuff in the post...
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
bxd Online: Content
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167
Likes: 43
Hi,

Sorry, I thought you were trying to set up input sources from the front panel. Pages 20-21 relate to setting up the individual sources using the 'wizard' but I think you need to use the configuration program to set up the soft keys as Ratbert suggested.

Brian


Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2
System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6.
Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
If the OP only has a Mac maybe he could borrow a friends Windows laptop or he could install Windows using boot camp on the Mac, lots of videos on the web showing how to do it.

#265130 2017-06-10 10:45
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 578
Likes: 12
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 578
Likes: 12
Good morning

I have a G61R in the office, so I can possibly replicate what you are trying to achieve. Alternatively, send me a PM and let me know where you are/contact details and I may be able to help.

Cheers

Jon


Owner since 1996 - 501, 506 and M60.2 Rosewood - Thanks Gerry
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Thanks all. I'm really grateful for help with this. I'll clarify a bit.

I am trying to get it setup so that when the G61 is turned on the front panel will display my 4 sources above the soft keys, so that my family will be able to just push a button to select a source. Super easy, no intimidating MSR remote to worry about. (PS we have a small room so remote is virtually pointless)

Cable - Virgin Tivo
DVD - Samsung Bluray
Game - xBox One
Aux - Hifiberry Digi Pi

All sources will be set to the optical inputs O1-O4. I plan to acquire an HDmax421 to switch the HDMI (talking to an HH member here about buying theirs).

I was able to configure everything really easily from the Setup Wizard in the G61. However, only two sources appear on the front panel and two are blank.

I think I need to get a PC and hook it up as many here have suggested.



Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
PS - the wizard does allow custom labels for sources, no need for mconfig for that. I have already used wizard to disable all unused sources leaving only the 4 I need active/in use.


Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
After quite some kerfuffle, I've managed to get a copy of Windows XP running inside Oracle VirtualBox on my iMac. It took a while to get the internet connection so that I could download Mconfig. It took a while to stop the firewall blocking Mconfig from connecting to Meridian's download server. It also took some time to configure the USB drivers in XP.

I have got the G61R connected via USB to the iMac. The USB interface is offered in VirtualBox and then into XP, but I can't get it to "fetch".

Anyone been here before?

PS - I know this would be easier with a RS232 into an old windows laptop, but I can't get that so easily and I'm soooo close ;-)


Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
I never use the fetch function, can you just create a config from scratch, not as daunting as it might sound.

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 47 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8766 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 22:33:55 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS