logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 44
Likes: 2
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 44
Likes: 2
I want to export selected albums to a folder on my hard drive (actually an external HD).

I'm using Control:PC and following the instructions in the 'Meridian Sooloos Control:PC User Guide'. Much of what appears in the Guide seems to be what I see on-screen, but when I reach the section on Page 22 (Export to a Folder or Player) things start to go pear shaped! The text reads...
Quote
Begin by clicking the Open Sooloos Volume button on the Export page. This will open a Finder window on a Macintosh, or a Windows Explorer window in the S: drive, which is how your Sooloos Store appears to a PC.
I can't see a Finder window or an S drive. Instead I see "New Export Destination' which then gives me the options of iTunes Library, Folder (Export Format) or Folder (Native Format).

Clicking on either the Export of Native folder opens a 'Add Folder Destination' box which allows me to browse for a folder on my hard drive. It's at this point that I become confused. I don't wish to select 'Export All Sooloos Tracks and Playlists to this Repository'; I want to export selected albums. Where do I go from this point?

I appreciate the difference between the Export format and the Native format and I want to use the Export (MP3) format. However the procedure seems to be the same for both formats. I realise that this is basic stuff and I've done a search at this forum but haven't found what I am looking for. Guidance much appreciated. J.


Control:PC, MS600 & MD600, Audio Note M5 pre-amp, Conquest power amps, Magnum Dynalab MD108 tuner, Duevel Bella Luna speakers. Approx 2000 albums on Sooloos - wide range of genres.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
PM sent

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 44
Likes: 2
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 44
Likes: 2
Once again Russ has come up trumps. I was missing the obvious when trying to export files. All is now clear. Thanks Russ. J.


Control:PC, MS600 & MD600, Audio Note M5 pre-amp, Conquest power amps, Magnum Dynalab MD108 tuner, Duevel Bella Luna speakers. Approx 2000 albums on Sooloos - wide range of genres.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Nice to catch up.

Russ


Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Justin), 267 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 23 (0.016s) Memory: 0.8273 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 20:45:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS