|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87 |
Tidal MastersAnyone fancy a listen then?
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 318 Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 318 Likes: 1 |
Has MQA finally landed with a reasonable catalogue?
861v4/ID40/LPS, HD621, Roon, BAT VK-600se, Impulse Ta'us. Director/Heed Canamp with HD600s.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65 Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65 Likes: 1 |
Finally! Explorer2 blue LED shows it's not a hallucination 
Cinema: DSP5000 (18 bit), DSP5000C, DSP33, 568.1, Quad L-Sub Music: DSP5000 (24 bit), MS200 + Reviver, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
It says to go to "What's New" then "Masters", but when I go to "What's New" in the app, there is no "Masters" section.
Can someone see it, and if so where exactly?
Is it accessible through Sooloos and Roon?
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65 Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65 Likes: 1 |
I can only see Masters in the Windows desktop app. It's on the home page; the ALBUMS section has tabs for New, Recommended, Top 20 and now Masters.
I don't see this in the Android app or website player and I'm away from my Roon setup.
Cinema: DSP5000 (18 bit), DSP5000C, DSP33, 568.1, Quad L-Sub Music: DSP5000 (24 bit), MS200 + Reviver, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Found it now, thanks.
The albums listed there, which I have favourited in Tidal before the MQA launch, are still favourited when I view from the Masters page.
I'm hoping this means that they will play bit-perfect through Roon and be decoded to MQA. I'm not at home for a few hours (grrrr) so can't try!
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94 |
Tidal New There are 162 albums currently listed in "Masters" However I have yet to find a reference to MQA.
I have a Premium Tidal account and on first inspection it seems to have upgraded to HiFi.
I use Tidal through Sooloos (not PC or Mac) and this does not yet show or function with latest Masters Albums.
Happy to be guided by others that have this working, or do we have to wait for a Sooloos and or Roon upgrade.
Hector
AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD. DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG. STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini A capella to Zydeco
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
Hi All,
Indeed, it looks like we have Tidal streaming MQA!
However this isn't going to work with Sooloos just yet... I'm pretty sure Sooloos will need a firmware update before it can handle MQA Tidal streams.
For 818v3, 808v6 owners you'll need to connect a PC to the USB connection and use the Tidal Webpage for now.
More updates as I find out more.
Rick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I'm not at home for a few hours, but I've been told it works already through Roon.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
You need to install the Tidal desktop application to play the 'Master-Quality' albums (rather than using the Tidal webrowser) Tidal Applications Download Page Then login with your account details, and then you can see the 'Masters' are in the 'What's New' 'Albums'. 162 Albums so far
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
Going into the settings I noticed the Passthrough MQA settings with a disable software decoding of MQA option. I have selected this. Will A/B later!
Cheers Tom
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
I've got a "blue on" with Roon - Tidal - Alanis Morissette (Explorer 2)
Cheers Tom
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,163
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|