|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 55 Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 55 Likes: 1 |
My C15 received a message indicating that the update for Sooloos Version 2.515 is available.
Does anyone have any information on this update?
Anthem AVM70, 271, DSP7200x2, DSP7200.2HC, DSP5200x4, JL Audio F113, Oppo UDP203, Panasonic UB9000, Kaleidescape Strato E, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Vertex2, Epson LS10500, Stewart Filmscreen 110"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
Alright,
Yes I upgraded and have the following problem. (I reverted to my previous router just to verify that this problem was not bound to the router itself.
When importing (syncing) albums from Tidal service, after a while (maybe a couple of mins) Control:PC reports problem with the internet connection and Touch:PC also throws up a requester regarding connection issues to Tidal service.
This I never previously had and also I use this function very regularly to keep my Sooloos library up to date with my favorite picked Tidal albums that I check when on the mobile listening and commuting.
Edit: I have 539 TIDAL albums.
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26 |
Received the same message on my Windows Control:PC software running my MD600. I have installed it but can't see any obvious changes.
Off to test things out, hopefully no bugs.
Scotav
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Just upgraded mine although I use Roon.
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54 |
Does this release solve the problem of Napster not working (perhaps at the expense of some Tidal behaviour, judging by Crion's recent post)?
Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C) Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Meridian Partner Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,861 Likes: 375 |
Sooloos Version 2.515
New Features Re-ordered Napster streaming quality preference to : AAC 320kbs -> AAC 192kbs ->AAC+ 64kbs. Added Napster streaming quality information to all clients. Added support for 24bit ALAC to Control:PC / Control:Mac. Improvements Improved Rhapsody/Napster connection management. Improved detection of MQA content on import. Improved method of pairing audio endpoints to Sooloos. Improved filtering of Multicast IP packets in MS200 and ID41 – (build 169). Fixes Fixed Rhapsody/Napster playback failing due to stream changes. Fixed Rhapsody/Napster login for when core is running on C1x or Sourcex devices. QNAP – Fixed Sooloos failing to start if RoonServer is already running. QNAP – Increased max number of zones to 50.
www.cmbintegrations.comOne step from the Presidency #1 Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 8000XE, 7200SEHC, 7200.2, Seaton F18, JL Fathom F113, Revel w990's, Kef R7, ATI 528 Amp, JVC RS4100K, SI screen. Roon Nucleus+, Eno AG, Eno M link, 218. #2 Mark Levinson No5105, Ayre VX8 and CX8, Vandersteen Treo CT, Preamp varies. #3 Meridian Ellipse
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26 |
Thanks for the information
Scotav
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54 |
That is all extremely helpful, thank you. It is also some relief that Meridian are still supporting Sooloos. Perhaps I should not have been, but I was a little uncertain.
Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C) Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
I've updated to Sooloos 2.515 all looks stable with both Sooloos and Roon.
I can't comment on the improvements for Rhapsody/Napster as I don't subscribe.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
Improved filtering of Multicast IP packets in MS200 and ID41 – (build 169). Hi Bruce, can you ask what this specifically relates to? What effect might a user expect to see? Many thanks
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
Could anyone with 500+ TIDAL albums go into Accounts/Configure and do an import from TIDAL in Control:PC? See if you get through the process with a completion Message in Messages in less than 10mins(?)
It is non-detrimental and can be repeated as many times as you like.
I use it all the time when commuting and listening on the Mobile TIDAL then sync it up once I get home to have that album in Sooloos as well.
In this 2.515 it does not run a complete session with completion Message for my collection any longer.
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 742 Likes: 54 |
Having done some testing (I am not going to claim it is fully comprehensive) I can confirm that Napster/Rhapsody seems to be working again with Sooloos V 2.515 (on a QNAP with 4.2.0 firmware).
Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C) Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
666
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|