|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 84
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 84 |
Hi,
I have a G95 but expect it's the same for many G series. Does anyone know how to change an input name, for example change "aux" to "TV" on the G95 display?
Thank you
Marantz NR1710, 5x Martin Logan Fresco i, BW PV1 sub,, Panasonic TX55GZ950, Sky HD+,Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
It's easiest via the Config program. Just right click on a source, change the name in the dialogue box and store the configuration to your G95. It's probably possible via the front panel but it's not a route I've tried personally
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 84
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 84 |
Cliff,
Many thanks. Sadly I use a MAC and have not loaded parallels so do not have access Mconfig.
I was hoping it might be possible from the soft keys.
Phil
Marantz NR1710, 5x Martin Logan Fresco i, BW PV1 sub,, Panasonic TX55GZ950, Sky HD+,Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200 |
You can install/run Config on your Mac by first installing CrossOver. This runs most Windows programs, without actually requiring the Windows OS on your Mac. I can successfully launch Config via CrossOver on my Mac, although I haven't experimented in connecting my Mac Mini to my G95 for reconfiguring the input keys. In the UK, CrossOver costs £38 - but you can download a free trial first to see if it works for you.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
The Meridian Configuration Application is an alternative to using the Configuration Wizard, or you can view or modify a configuration previously created using the Configuration Wizard. It also provides control over several features not available from the front panel, including programming of the soft keys. Suggests that renaming sources might only be available via Config.
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
I have renamed sources on a G68 via the front panel...
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 51
Meridian Partner Mostly harmless
|
|
Meridian Partner Mostly harmless
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 51 |
Hi Phil,
The manual for the G95 is available from the 'Duncan's Meridian Info' bar at the top of the page. If you have the G95 connected into a TV (which I'm assuming you do if you're renaming a source TV), you can use the onscreen display to alter the sources. You can set the TV source up on there (page 57 of the manual).
I hope this helps, if you get stuck, let me know.
Thanks, Peter
Clever & Simple Meridian Dealer In South West London for my personal account please see PeterRW
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 51
Meridian Partner Mostly harmless
|
|
Meridian Partner Mostly harmless
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 51 |
Sorry Cliff,
I think you're correct too! What I meant was that it's possible with the on-screen display to change the source to be one of the existing Meridian names (of which TV is one). You simply use the source "TV" and configure this rather than using the source "Aux".
If you want to change the name to say "Apple" then you need the config program. I hope this clarifies things?!
Thanks, Peter
Clever & Simple Meridian Dealer In South West London for my personal account please see PeterRW
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|