Non for DSP users. This is for analog systems as I understand things.
No 18 in the Hall of fame I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
As far as this unit concerned none, it's a DAC designed to drive a power amp.
That said, if we look at the technology I think it is likely that the SE DSP speakers already encompass some of this technology already but this is new ...
Quote
The Ultra DAC is the first product in the world to include MQA Limited’s Hierarchical Converter Technology, which employs multiple converters to increase temporal resolution while reducing noise and quantization errors.
Maybe this can be incorporated into DSP at some point in time ... maybe it's already in the SE speakers.
Maybe at the same time they can update the config program to be HTML5 based and accessible via IP.
As an analog user, and without hearing the DAC, it seems to me the real selling point here is a ultra high end DAC that supports MQA? So what does this have that the Brinkmann Nyquist DAC doesn't have? A shootout is certainly needed here... I wonder if there is a deluge of high end MQA DAC's about to hit the market?
Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC. Secondary: MC600 (whole house). Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE. Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
I know you are being sarcastic, but M has the hard part of speaker building down. That being cabinet design and building. M doesn't build its own drivers, so getting into analog speakers isn't all that of a stretch.
I would imagine the owners of M continue to look for ways to expand their business and focusing on DSP speakers limits the market considerably.
Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC. Secondary: MC600 (whole house). Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE. Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Not sure what you mean here - but it wouldn't be a DAC.
Any legacy speaker capable of handling MHR should be able to benefit from some MQA decoding (probably unfolded to 24/96, the limit of the DAC in the speaker) once the MS200/ MS600 replacements are introduced (and, one presumes, once the DSP firmware is updated at the same time). Encryption of the undecoded stream is critical to the implementation of MQA - this is a requirement of MQA Ltd and applies to all manufacturers.
(I am aware that some feel that legacy DSPs are already unfolding and playing decoded MQA when fed from an 818v3 - I don't think this is the case, it being more likely, in my view, that legacy DSPs simply receive the upsampled undecoded MQA signal).
Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS 2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1 Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit