logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#249057 2016-04-13 13:13
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
I have moved my MS600 to the living room and am enjoying it into my 6k's.

I am using a Meridian (AC12)? for RJ45 to legacy speaker connection. The app turns on the speakers and the volume control works well. Is there any way to turn off the speakers without using a MSR or the MSR control program.

I set this zone up for my wife and am trying to keep the controls as easy as possible. I am also adding a MS600 to my theater to serve my 8k's and my whole house audio.

Thoughts on hookup? Skip the 861v4?

Would there be any control issues as the 8k's are set up as master/slave coax. Thanks

Patiently waiting for new 861 version.


Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo.
Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10"
LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
GaryR

MS600, do you mean MC600?

Russ

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Simple answer AFAIK is no. Roon does and I really hope that Sooloos will do at some point in the future.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
dpstjp,

+1 on Roon, as for Sooloos maybe it is one of the promised 'exciting developments'?

Russ

#249062 2016-04-13 13:56
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
I believe it is a MS600. I will use it with my QNAP as a Meridian endpoint for both my 8k's and whole house audio then I will switch my 8k's to the 861 successor when it comes out.

Sorry, now I see the confusion. I have a separate analog 12 zone whole house system and will be adding the MS600 as a source.


Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo.
Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10"
LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ah, makes sense now.

Russ

#249064 2016-04-13 18:45
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Would using a Global Cache Itach serial box to the serial input on the AC12 along with the vMSR app be the most appropriate way to handle the 6k control without having to keep a MSR remote available in the living room?


Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo.
Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10"
LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
#249065 2016-04-13 18:49
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
How would I keep the MS600 from turning on my 8k's when I activate it elsewhere in the house for its analog output to my whole house audio?


Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo.
Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10"
LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

#1 vMSR + Global Cache iTach connected to RS232 on the 8ks would work. From what I recall you just need to switch off "Managed Comms" in the app.

#2 Just don't connect the comms from the MC600 to the 8ks. That would however mean leaving the MS600 powered up or manually controlling it.

Alternatively leaving the comms connected you could configure the 8ks to use the unconnected digital input (for a given source), they would still power up but would be silent.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Thanks Carl. I will give it a go. I will report back after I try the different setups.


Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo.
Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10"
LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 221 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 35 (0.021s) Memory: 0.8624 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 23:23:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS