logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Hi everyone,

First post at this great forum!

Some time ago I took the plunge and got myself a Meridian F80 + I80 dock.
Have to say this baby makes some serious music. Most of the time I stream music or play CD / DVD-A.
With the latter one I miss direct track selection the most as the display doesn´t display tracks beyond No 1.

The MSR+ came in mind but it´s IMHO a bit overkill to the F80 alone.
So when I - by accident - stumbled upon a customizable Android remote control app, I tried my luck.
Unfortunately no Meridian RC´s to download so I had to design it from scratch with the help of the RC5 MSR+ codelist from the magnificent Duncan´s Meridian Info section.

As I wanted to mimic as much as possible an exact copy of the F80 RC, the combined Stop/Mute key gave me a headache; the MSR+ Stop key does only that, as is the Mute key.

Took me a while to figure out that the F80 RC uses an undocumented 15(h) system code so everything works now as should with the benefit of some extra track selection keys, without altering the Setup to MSR+.

The android app is for free (small ad-banner) or you can buy the pro version for just a small amount of cash and is called RCoid.

I´ve emailed RCoid to share the remote and I hope the evaluation goes well so it will become downloadable the easy way.

Beyond a small impression...

[Linked Image from oi68.tinypic.com]

Greetz, Peppermint


music matters
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Hello Peppermint

Welcome to the forum!

Are you using this on an android phone then? Is it an app you open on a device with that screen graphic below? Presumably your phone has an IR blaster function?

Cheers

George

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Yes and yes; it´s running on an android phone and that phone musthave an IR blaster.

Don´t know how to attach a bigger screenshot.
Could also attach the F80 RC file itself. You only have to put in manually in the RCoid folder and choose it in the menu. When it´s publiced you can download the file from the menu.

Maybe I could also make another remote with more extra keys.
I don´t play much DVD but when I do it´s mostly a music DVD and then it´s handy if you can select an audio track by remote.
Also repeat an repeat a-b are working, even on display...


music matters
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Just got great news from RCoid!

It´s been accepted and uploaded so it´s direct availabe to all from within the RCoid menu.
Choose ´Download RCoid-file´ option.

Good luck!

Greetz, Peppermint


music matters

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 666 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 23 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8358 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 16:41:47 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS