logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Hi,

I have a Meridian MC200 and QNAP TS-251 NAS drive.

It all worked a treat including Tidal until I stupidly accepted a firmware update on the QNAP.

Oddly the Sooloos configurator can see all the individual components (MC200; TS-251; Control:PC and each has an individual IP address but I cannot get the Control:PC to connect with the Sooloos Core or get my iPad to connect to it.

Anyone any suggestions? As I've spent hours on it - all the settings appear correct on the QNAP.


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Manually set the IP address of core in the iPad settings for the app and temporarily hardwire Control:PC/mac on first use - making sure WiFi is turned off.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks Ian,

I tried that this morning but although I can see the StoreQNAP @ 00089be1e95a / 192.168.0.100 on the configurator I can't connect to the core via Control:PC.

If I type in the above IP address in my browser it connects with the QNAP and I can see the Meridian Sooloos app but if I click on it it goes to a new browser tab with "the web page can't be found".

Control:PC just shows blank window saying Connecting...

I can get into settings on my MS200 by typing its IP address into the browser.

Any other ideas?


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
....and via the iPad app it says "Sooloos update required"


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 106
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 106
I had a similar issue with the Control:PC not connecting. Can't remember if I just restarted the app on the QNAP or if I rebooted the NAS altogether. Either way It seemed OK after that.


#1 G91A, DSP5000 (96/24), MS600, QNAP TS-251
596
M100 - restoration in process.
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
With Meridian support I found the problem - the firmware update had changed the port to 80, it should be 81 (page 7 of the QNAP installation guide). Once changed back to 81 everything was discovered again on Control:PC and iPad. Contentness and happiness resumed😊😊😊😊

Last edited by DA999; 2016-03-28 13:29.

#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ChrisSwain), 1,174 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.100s Queries: 27 (0.077s) Memory: 0.8440 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 07:45:25 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS