logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Likes: 1
You could also try ASIO output. Worked first time for me with Foobar and Explorer 2.

Disable ReplayGain, if not already disabled?

Last edited by shiggins; 2016-02-11 13:39. Reason: ReplayGain

Cinema: DSP5000 (18 bit), DSP5000C, DSP33, 568.1, Quad L-Sub
Music: DSP5000 (24 bit), MS200 + Reviver, Roon
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
@ Joel. These are the various options:

[Linked Image from s29.postimg.org]

Thanks.


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
I think that's it. You need either of the two WASAPI options for the Explorer!


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by Ludwig
Roon would do it very easily.

You could check out the free trial here.

Originally Posted by Rolski
@Drongo
Well, please don't hesitate to try with Roon (on Windows10Pro) - and a SBT - because I can't get the flippin' thing to work !

However, I can get Roon to pass MQA to my Explorer2 when it's directly connected to my PC or Surface3Pro - and all the lights light-up, so that may be something you'd like to investigate.

Thanks for the Roon suggestion.

To be honest; that was something I was possibly going to investigate at some point in the future. I wasn’t thinking about it just so I could get my Explorer2 to play the four MQA tracks I now have!

I've seen Roon working at Chris' and it is very impressive. But I'm a 'just play this track or album' person. I just wouldn't use all Roon's metadata functionality,

I would really like to get the Explorer2 working with my Squeezebox Touch. If VK has done it; others must be able to do it!

My music is stored on a Netgear NAS and feeds six SBT’s around the house. This works well and my wife can work the touchscreen without issue – something I would be loath to change.

I don’t mind making changes to my ‘Hi-Fi’ room SBT. Perhaps replacing it with another NAS or mini PC that would hold my music and support MQA playback.

For now; I’d just like to get my laptop to play MQA files and then hopefully my SBT.

I know I’m not PC literate; but it really shouldn’t be this frustrating!


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
I think that's it. You need either of the two WASAPI options for the Explorer!
Joel - I've tried both of the WASAPI/Explorer options without success.


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by shiggins
You could also try ASIO output. Worked first time for me with Foobar and Explorer 2.

Disable ReplayGain, if not already disabled?

Thanks; I'll look at ASIO if I get nowhere with WASAPI..

I think replay gain is disabled - but I'll try to check.

Thanks.


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Drongo,

Select "WASAPI (event) : Speakers (Meridian Explorer² USB DAC Audio)

Then, on the same page, change output format to *24-bit*.

Worked for me first time...


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by Drongo
Thanks Ian.

I have just checked; and the fade in & fade out sliders are set to their minimum position.

[Linked Image from s29.postimg.org]
If you the select seek and manual track change, are the faders still at 0?

As i said, i dont know anything about foobar other than used it at an explorer demo so clitching at straws.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Drongo,

Select "WASAPI (event) : Speakers (Meridian Explorer² USB DAC Audio)

Then, on the same page, change output format to *24-bit*.

Worked for me first time...
No; sorry - I've already tried that without success. frown

Do I also have change any setting in my laptop for this to work?


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by Ian
If you the select seek and manual track change, are the faders still at 0?

As I said, I don't know anything about Foobar other than used it at an Explorer demo so clutching at straws.
Thanks again; Ian.

If I select either Seek or Manual Track change; the faders move up by a barely noticeable amount – as close as you can get to minimum without actually being at minimum.

I’m not sure if this is relevant or not; but those faders are only present when I choose:

DS: SPEAKERS (Meridian EXPLORER2 USB DAC AUDIO) from the device dropdown menu.

If I choose either:

WASAPI (EVENT) : SPEAKERS (Meridian EXPLORER2 USB DAC AUDIO)
Or
WASAPI (PUSH) SPEAKERS (Meridian EXPLORER2 USB DAC AUDIO)

The faders do not appear at all.

Here's hoping there are a few more straws left to clutch!


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 129
Got it!

I've just read This post and as suggested; I've pushed the volume to max (it was just below max) and now my tracks are playing with the green light on - phew! grin

Thanks AudioNutt!

The only thing that I'm not sure of is that I thought with the 2L track that the blue light was supposed to come on...


Forum Idiot
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Yay! Which tracks are you playing? The free 2L ones are MQA Studio (blue); I think the folk albums are vanilla MQA (green).


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, MQA_List, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl), 281 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.046s Queries: 40 (0.022s) Memory: 0.8887 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:08:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS