|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166 |
Whilst waiting for my 818v3 to arrive next week I'd like to check MQA over the Explorer2 and my Mac.
I downloaded the V1717 FW on the Explorer2 and would like to hear the 2L-MQA-Test-Tracks, but there are no blue or green lights on the Explorer2. The last 2 LED's are white.
What kind of Software you use for playing MQA music?
With iTunes I have to convert it in AIFF, with Pure Music and FLAC it is as described - 2 white LED's. With VOX-Software is the same.
How do you get MQA Studio out of your Mac to the Explorer2?
Thanks for help. Stefan
M since 1980 - Series 100! Main: 861v8, 818v3, UHD722, 2-DSP8000SE, DSP5500HC, 4-DSP6000 S, DSP6000 R, Oppo 203 4K, MacMini M1 16GB-Roon 4TB SSD, NVIDIA Shield, Sony VPL-VW500-4K, Samsung OLED 77-4K, iPad Pro, Turntable: Acoustic-Solid Royal/Ortofon SPU Royal N, PPA Quad P24 2.: G92DAB, 2-DSP3100,3-DSP33, M1500, MacMini+Explorer2 3TB SSD, MS200-Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43 |
Hi,
Have you changed the device settings in the Audio MIDI setup?
The MIDI setup is in the Utilities folder. Open up audio devices and make sure that the Explorer2 is selected and that the Format is the same as the file that you're playing on Vox.
I have things running on my Mac Mini (2009) but I can't seem to get things going on my iMac or my 2015 MacBook Pro at work. I presume that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out exactly what right now.
On my Mac Mini, the Magnificat MQA track (from the 2L test tracks) is 44.1khz and plays with a single white light at 2ch- 16bit. If you change the MIDI settings from 44 to 192Khz you'll get three white lights. However, if you leave it on 44.1kHz and set it to 24bit, you get MQA blue.
Brian
Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2 System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6. Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166 |
Hi Brian
Yes - I've played with the Audio MIDI Setup. But I can only change at 44.1kHz one white LED, at 96kHz 2 white LEDs and are 192 are three there. The first LED, the last remains white!
Any Idea? FW is correct V1717
M since 1980 - Series 100! Main: 861v8, 818v3, UHD722, 2-DSP8000SE, DSP5500HC, 4-DSP6000 S, DSP6000 R, Oppo 203 4K, MacMini M1 16GB-Roon 4TB SSD, NVIDIA Shield, Sony VPL-VW500-4K, Samsung OLED 77-4K, iPad Pro, Turntable: Acoustic-Solid Royal/Ortofon SPU Royal N, PPA Quad P24 2.: G92DAB, 2-DSP3100,3-DSP33, M1500, MacMini+Explorer2 3TB SSD, MS200-Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 111
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 111 |
I use JRiver - seems to work fine and get a blue light with the 2L files. Tried with VLC - didn't work. /lars
818v3, Trinnov Altitude 32-16, 271, G68ADV, UHD722, DSP8000(U)SE, DSP5200 (SL), DSP5200HC (SL), DSP3200, 4xDSP320.2, G98, MS200, Prime HA, Ex2, 561, 598DH, 504, Roon Lifetime, Roon Rock, 218, Oppo 103, Panasonic UHD9000
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43 |
Hi,
I downloaded the MQA Magnificat (FLAC 44/24 bit) onto the desktop and dragged it into Vox. On Vox audio preferences (basic) menu, enable the Explorer2. I haven't tried the two output options (i.e. no boxes ticked). Provided the MIDI settings* are the same as what's displayed by Vox (as above) I get three lights with the blue light on.
I'm still investigating my iMac situation it's getting a bit annoying.
(*Explorer2 selected with Meridian internal clock as the clock source and set to 44/24bit)
Brian
Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2 System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6. Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166 |
I use JRiver - seems to work fine and get a blue light with the 2L files. Tried with VLC - didn't work. /lars I downloaded JRiver-Demo MediaCentre - MQA sounds perfect!!! And this beautiful blue light I waited since weeks - just nice  greetings Stefan
M since 1980 - Series 100! Main: 861v8, 818v3, UHD722, 2-DSP8000SE, DSP5500HC, 4-DSP6000 S, DSP6000 R, Oppo 203 4K, MacMini M1 16GB-Roon 4TB SSD, NVIDIA Shield, Sony VPL-VW500-4K, Samsung OLED 77-4K, iPad Pro, Turntable: Acoustic-Solid Royal/Ortofon SPU Royal N, PPA Quad P24 2.: G92DAB, 2-DSP3100,3-DSP33, M1500, MacMini+Explorer2 3TB SSD, MS200-Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Are we still awaiting a (mythical?) MQA compliant/bit perfect version of Control:PC/Mac?
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,167 Likes: 43 |
Hi,
I'm also up and running on my iMac with JRiver as well.
Brian
Main: G65, MD600 Sooloos, MC200 Roon Core, MS600, 210, 218, UHD722, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6 & DSW.2 System 2: AC200 MS200, WiiM Pro+, M6. Other: DSP5000 (96/24v1), DSP3300.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
With VOX I got my 818v3 USB input to recognize MQA. Under Audio settings I have these two boxes checked (first one is likely key):
Synchronize Sample Rate with Player Obtain Exclusive Access (Hog Mode)
Should work with Explorer 2 as well.
Soundserge
Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 41
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 41 |
Stefan Pure Music needs to be told not to upsample This will work by Cmd Shift U or drop down menu under Music Streaming and deselect Upsampling that way, mine works perfectly....
Last edited by Brooster; 2016-02-07 07:31. Reason: Typo
MC 200 Simaudio MOON P8W7 MOON 750D DAC Explorer2 MQA DAC Linn LP12 Transfiguration Proteus Magnum Dynalab FM tuner MacBook Pro, Sonore Ultra Rendu >Audirvana streaming Qobuz and Tidal Martin Logan Spire electrostatics Stax 009 headphones Velodyne DD12+ subwoofer
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 166 |
Are we still awaiting a (mythical?) MQA compliant/bit perfect version of Control:PC/Mac? Yes please - I do not want to make a move back to the Mac music server and a special hi-res software. I want MQA files can play on my Sooloos components and easy over the Sooloos iPad app! Is this just a "pious wish" of me or are there some rumors or even serious facts that MQA music via Control:Mac / Control:PC can be stored on Sooloos? Is this a task that must solve Meridian or is the whole Sooloos gear-story already an outsourced, independent company?  This, together with the vision the Tidal soon once MQA will stream - is my desire Vision! Have a nice Sunday Stefan
M since 1980 - Series 100! Main: 861v8, 818v3, UHD722, 2-DSP8000SE, DSP5500HC, 4-DSP6000 S, DSP6000 R, Oppo 203 4K, MacMini M1 16GB-Roon 4TB SSD, NVIDIA Shield, Sony VPL-VW500-4K, Samsung OLED 77-4K, iPad Pro, Turntable: Acoustic-Solid Royal/Ortofon SPU Royal N, PPA Quad P24 2.: G92DAB, 2-DSP3100,3-DSP33, M1500, MacMini+Explorer2 3TB SSD, MS200-Roon
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
491
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|