The price drop is fantastic news & very sizeable drops they are too. They will doubtless have an impact on resale prices, as others have pointed out, but there's a danger of gift-horse / mouth interface here!
Thanks for the post Rick.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
It would certainly be great to know "definitively' if ;
1) the G65 will support MQA, with or without hardware upgrade, 2) the HD621 will be upgraded to support full spec 4k HDR, (HDMI 2.1 is now in testing and it includes 1 HDR feature that HDMI 2.0a does not). 3) Most importantly, from the Multichannel MQA thread, will we actually see multichannel MQA music files, my interest is Jazz, Blues, Rock genres. No offense to classical music lovers.
Progress can be a good thing, but I can't help thinking that the roll out of 4k and related HDMI changes seem to be some sort of a joke on manufacturers and consumers.
I'd be surprised if there's a HD621 upgrade path to HDMI 2.1 - more likely a new model. Time will tell.
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
All I can say is you can add me to the list of people waiting to see what happens. Time will tell. I think we all know and I assume Meridian knows the things we are looking and hoping for...
Best regards, Jerry Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
I took advantage of the price drop and purchased a MS600. I am very happy with the quality of sound and had the benefit of significantly less money spent.
I will still have a place for the unit serving my whole house audio and a second area when I finally purchase a MQA compliant unit. I am thankful that Meridian made such a good unit available at such a reasonable price.
Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo. Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10" LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.