|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
I've made my views on the MQA firmware situation clear, and won't repeat them.
I thought I'd share with you the flipside.
I delivered my new (to me) 861v4 to a PP to have the new LPS option fitted.
A couple of days later the PP rang to tell me that M had opened the machine up and realised that a repair carried out by a (different) PP was faulty.
As a result the unit has been upgraded to LPS and due to the initial faulty repair the cost to me has been reduced to effectively the postage to M and back.
Amazing service, thank you M. Now the 861 is back my G68SL which it replaces will definitely be coming to you for its LPS upgrade shortly.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 116
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 116 |
Well done Meridian, I don't think you can ask for better than that, customer support at it's best.
Control:15, DSP7200SE's, MS200, F80 Director not in use
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 48 |
Thats the kind of service that keeps people invested in their brand. I have had great service out of Atlanta for the past 17yrs. They replaced a bad comms board for me in a DSP33 for free when it was out of warranty. I hope they never lose that edge.
Gary
Main: 800 with LPS, 861v4, 818v3,8000.1SE, 96/24-6k C, 96/24-5k sides, DSP33 rears, M2500 + Velodyne 12", QNAP-MS600, Ruby, PS3, HD621, Oppo. Games room: G68J, HD621, M33's front, analog ceilings rear, Velodyne 10" LR- 6k 24/96, MS200, 800 with LPS
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59 |
Good to hear.
I've had both very swift & cheap repairs and pretty slow and expensive ones from Meridian. Thankfully, for me at least, repairs of any kind are incredibly rare. I think I've needed to send stuff away 3 times in 17 years of ownership, and that's with me giving the stuff a thorough workout.
Long may it continue.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22 |
Book your next slot now with those DSPs cruising at 90+ on a daily basis! Cheers George
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Tim Peake (Meridian engineer) is currently upgrading the space station audio to SE spec.
Well done Meridian.... Chris 🚀
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 713
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 713 |
This is nice to hear! /Marcus
Lounge: 861v4+ID40 (hardwired Cat 6), HD621, 2xDSP6000.2VC (l/r), DSP5500.2HC, 2*Jamo ARTina (rears), D2500, 556, 596P, PS3, Humax HDR-1000S Bed 2: MD600 (hardwired Cat 6) , QNAP 453 Pro
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
273
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|