logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Hello All,

I have a G68XXV, connected in conventional Amp/speaker fashion. I've recently been exploring Meridian's newer technologies (Bass time alignment, MQA etc.) and thinking about some Meridian speakers. I know the G68XXV has limited ability to connect (I'm thinking Zone 3 Digi output).

SO the question... Is this connection possible? Will I achieve the benefits of Bass time alignment? (I understand MQA is a separate issue).

Which would be a good choice on the used market? I have not had any experience with Meridian digital speaker set up. i.e. if I should look for SpeakerLink, what speaker firmware etc. to look for? I'm not certain but I think my audio vs finance would put me in the DSP5000 or DSP6000 range.

Thank You - I don't post too often but this forum has saved me many times.


Halej

#1 G68XXV, Bryston 14B SSt Pro, B&K 200.3, Classe'70, Canton Vento 809, 805, 802, Oppo93, Shiit Bifrost D/A, Mac Mini, Explorer, Behringer 2496, Onix Rocket UFW-10 Subs, PS3
#2 568.2MM, 562 V2, 598, (Extra stuff)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
A G68XXV is great for analogue speakers, but no use for DSPs. If you are looking towards 5ks or 6ks there's no need for a SpeakerLink processor so any other G68 or non-SL G61(R) would do. An 861 v1-v4 is nice too but make sure it has an OE12 card.

Good luck
Ron

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Thank You, Ron!
So would the Zone 3 Digi output be of any use?
As you might surmise Meridian DSPs are new territory for me.


Halej

#1 G68XXV, Bryston 14B SSt Pro, B&K 200.3, Classe'70, Canton Vento 809, 805, 802, Oppo93, Shiit Bifrost D/A, Mac Mini, Explorer, Behringer 2496, Onix Rocket UFW-10 Subs, PS3
#2 568.2MM, 562 V2, 598, (Extra stuff)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
It's not the best option. No RC, extended DSP options and if you connect an MHR source like G96/G98 or HD621 there's no downmix so only the L/R signal.

You're probably better served with a G68D/ADV or G61R.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 23
Thanks Ron! good to know up front. I have invested down a certain path, so I'll probably stay on it.


Halej

#1 G68XXV, Bryston 14B SSt Pro, B&K 200.3, Classe'70, Canton Vento 809, 805, 802, Oppo93, Shiit Bifrost D/A, Mac Mini, Explorer, Behringer 2496, Onix Rocket UFW-10 Subs, PS3
#2 568.2MM, 562 V2, 598, (Extra stuff)

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (JCD, DE), 294 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 25 (0.031s) Memory: 0.8426 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 17:20:50 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS