logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Hi everyone,

I import everything through a Mac Pro onto the TwinStore, which has worked well for several years. Last year I set it to export everything automatically to a thunderbolt-attached RAID partition. That worked perfectly with all the stored music and every new import until this summer. It simply stopped the automatic export. No hardware or software change at the time.

I have upgraded to Sooloos 467 and now 477 with no change. I have now set new folders on different RAID partitions and also on a second RAID, with no change. It simply will not export anything to one of the attached RAIDs, either automatically or even just an individually selected album.

The tracks just sit on the screen in the export list with parentheses around the track names and nothing happens - usually the parentheses disappear as the tracks are exported. All the material on the RAID is otherwise accessible to the computer. However, it will export anything and everything to a folder on the desktop.

I know there have been other posts about export problems and hope that this is not just a repeat. The automatic export was really useful, providing a backup and a source for non-Sooloos playback.

Thanks for any suggestions.


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Likes: 1
Did you get this resolved? I also have the same problem.


Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, Meridian 271, Front: DSP7200SE, Centre: DSP7200SEHC, Rear: DSP3200, Ceiling Front & Rear: DSP320.2, Sub: Velodyne DD15+, MC200, Oppo 203, Sony VPL-VW360es, Lumagen 5348.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Hi,

Yes I did. All of my attempts set it up had been using "export format" as the format choice, even though the controlmac settings were set up to do nothing to the file's format. As soon as I changed to "native format" (which also does nothing to the file's format) everything was back on track, and it now exports every new addition out to the raid automatically.

Thanks for the interest.

Ross.


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 177
Likes: 1
I'm not sure where you're referring to when you say export format, but in Control:Mac settings I can see a button called "Export Format", but in this there are only 3 main options:

- None
- MP3
- AAC

Whilst I was unsure which to select, I'd read somewhere that selecting "None" leads to nothing exporting, so chose to use highest setting of AAC (I'd already done this before, as well as tried "None" option).

Separately, I realised that I had not tried turning off my MC200 and turning on again. When I tried this, everything started exporting automatically as soon as it started. My whole collection is now exported, but it's also worth pointing out that I imported a new album yesterday and it has not exported this yet.


Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, Meridian 271, Front: DSP7200SE, Centre: DSP7200SEHC, Rear: DSP3200, Ceiling Front & Rear: DSP320.2, Sub: Velodyne DD15+, MC200, Oppo 203, Sony VPL-VW360es, Lumagen 5348.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CMB Integrations - Bruce), 244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 23 (0.015s) Memory: 0.8362 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 00:01:03 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS