logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
According to my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, which appears to report accurate sample rates for other sources and test files that I've sent it, my 808.5 is outputting a digital signal at 48kHz. This seems rather bizarre. The manual states that "a digital signal at an 88.2kHz sample rate is supplied to the digital outputs."

Is this output rate configurable, perhaps?

Thanks.


Sooloos C15, 2x2TB TwinStores, Meridian 808.5, BSG Tech QOL, Allnic L-5000, FirstWatt SIT-1s, Zu Dominance; Modwrighted Oppo BDP95, Classe SSP-800, Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

Using the Meridian configuration program, check what the maximum output sample rate is set to.

[Linked Image]

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
And uncheck "MHR (main)"...


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Hi Jerry,
I could not help wonder, have you compared the sound of using fixed analog out from the 808.5 to your current preamp?

I know you've paid for a separate DAC but just wondering if the complexity is really needed at all. Mind you the 808.6 upgrade is just around the corner with whatever that brings to the table..


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Thanks to all for your responses and my apologies for the slow acknowledgement--I've been at a 2-day conference with limited Internet access.

I will definitely check my settings in the Meridian configuration program (once I get it reinstalled on my new Win10 computer!). It's been a while since I was in there, but I'm sure it won't be too difficult. I'll also uncheck "MHR (main)", though I'm not sure I understand what that's about.

Crion, your question is certainly a fair one. I do need the DAC for other sources I use, but I certainly could bypass it with the 808.5. But I've done some pretty careful listening tests and, to my ears at least, there's really no comparison--I've tried a number of good dacs over the last 12 months and have found that, on balance (and unlike my findings a few years ago), the better dacs sound significantly better to me than the analog output now from my ID41. That's just one opinion and in my system, of course.

I don't know anything about an 808.6 upgrade, I'm afraid, except I assume (for lack of actual knowledge) that it might incorporate MQA (??). That would certainly interest me--and perhaps I'd change my mind about where to handle the DAC processing. I'm certainly not wedded to an external DAC.

Again, thanks to everyone.


Sooloos C15, 2x2TB TwinStores, Meridian 808.5, BSG Tech QOL, Allnic L-5000, FirstWatt SIT-1s, Zu Dominance; Modwrighted Oppo BDP95, Classe SSP-800, Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Just wanted to report that the Mconfig setting did the trick--and was surprisingly easy once I dug up my null modem cable hookup and laptop. Sure would have been nice if M had implemented a network accessible config program smile.

Anyway, thanks for the solution.


Sooloos C15, 2x2TB TwinStores, Meridian 808.5, BSG Tech QOL, Allnic L-5000, FirstWatt SIT-1s, Zu Dominance; Modwrighted Oppo BDP95, Classe SSP-800, Sony VPL-VW50 Pearl.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.091s Queries: 27 (0.069s) Memory: 0.8456 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:04:45 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS