logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhikers:

Note: I have no financial interest in this at all. I am simply enthusiastic about this musical "find".

A friend of mine named John Finbury has written and recorded an album of outstanding Brazilian style jazz music with some of the best musicians in the area, including a wonderful Brazilian singer names Marcella Camargo. I have been lucky enough to hear this music as the project came to completion (John likes to preview his mastering versions on my system). I find myself listening to it over and over again.

The music and the recording are excellent. At my encouragement, John has released the music online in both 320kbps MP3 and 96/24 FLAC formats FOR THE SAME PRICE. I am convinced that, if you're into this type of music at all, the quality of the recording will make these some of your favorites.

Visit www.greenflashmusic.com to read about the project and buy the album. Spread the word - John is a great guy and we should encourage this type of project and applaud those who make quality hi-res music available for such a reasonable price.

John



Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Thanks John

Sounds very good.

Russ

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
^bump


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
^bump


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
^bump


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Gang,

I'm perplexed... I posted my friend's music online thinking that this community would love it. It's beautifully performed, beautifully recorded and priced very reasonably for high-resolution downloadable files. As he was finalizing the project, I encouraged him to setup a site for hi-res download, thinking his music was a natural for the high-end community of Meridian users.

So far, almost 300 people have opened the thread but absolutely no one has downloaded the music. I'm completely flabbergasted at this result. I LOVE this music and the recording and it's in heavy rotation at my house.

This is by no means a complaint. Hitchhiker's have a right to buy and listen to whatever they like - let the market decide. At this point my friend and I are looking for feedback so we can understand what's going wrong... If any of you have taken some time to look at the site and perhaps listen to the songs, I am very curious what kept you from becoming a buyer. If you haven't, perhaps you'd take a moment to follow the link www.greenflashmusic.com and give us some feedback.

As a long time member of this forum, I have appreciated the help I've received over the years. I appreciate any help you can provide now.

All the best,

John


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 61
Likes: 1
RBM Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 61
Likes: 1
Hi John –

I bit the bullet and bought the HR version after listening to a few of the samples. Looking forward to listening to the album in my M system tomorrow.

One reason for the lack of downloads could be UI related: I found my self puzzled for a few seconds how to buy the album as HR download: the only way to purchase is by clicking the (smallish) text link top left. Making the album cover clickable and/or put a 'Buy the album as direct download (MP3 and HighRes)' button with the text to the right of the playlist may make a difference.

Anyway – thanks for bringing this up,

René


Living Roon: MS200 > Reviver > MiniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac > DSP5200 | Headroon: Allo USBridge / SBooster PSU > Prime / SBooster PSU > MrSpeakers ÆON Flow Closed | Bedroon: Bluesound Pulse 2 | Roon Server @ NUC6i5 on Debian Stretch
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Rene,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I will pass it to my friend. Enjoy the music!

John


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Agree with previous poster - clicking on "buy album" takes one straight to PayPal, which I aborted as it wasn't at all clear what I was buying. Three separate buttons would be better:

Buy CD

Buy MP3

Buy 24/96 High Res Download

Nice music though (and I will buy it once website clarified)


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Altus,

Thanks for the feedback. I have shared it with my friend. Actually, when you buy the music online, you can download both 320kpbs and 96/24 files. Both links are sent, but I understand your concerns.

John


Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear)
2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
John

Thanks. I understand now. Just tried to download but I think the website must be in the process of being updated to make it clearer. I will try again later.



Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Successfully downloaded.

John, do you know whether "The Green Flash" is also available for download?


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Vorticity), 282 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 40 (0.027s) Memory: 0.8820 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:17:47 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS