logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
I want to set a QNAP NAS drive in my apartment in Spain but want to configure it in the UK and take it Spain fully functional. Is this feasible or will different internet settings etc in Spain interfere with the set up?


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Depends what you are planning to do with it. You can create folders, copy music to it, install some apps if you want to. But network settings, port forwards and such will change so that's a waste of time.

Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
If you run DHCP on the NAS I do not see why it would not work, what will your setup for broadband be in Spain?

Russ

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 15
I plan to connect a wireless router to a cable modem. I'll plug the NAS and the media source directly to the router. I was just concerned that all the settings would be looking for specific IP addresses that would now be different. I also wondered whether it would work without the internet connection just allowing me to play the music I have ripped on the NAS drive. Theoretically it should, but I don't know if the internet connection is vital for setting it up.


#1 QNAP TS-473, 210 streamer, 218 zone controller.
#2 QNAP TS-251, MS200.
[In Reserve] C15 and MC200.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by DA999
I'll plug the NAS and the media source directly to the router.
Hi,

"Media Source" is a bit vague, I'm assuming it's a Meridian/Sooloos setup ... can you share with us. (A lot of us on here populate our sig. box with equipment info).

Also you don't mention what device going to run the Sooloos the Core. For Sooloos you need Core + Store + Source.

Though Sooloos will play just fine without an internet connection. A connection is only required to: update album metadata, Tidal, Radio and for software updated.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (TimC, YankinYork), 227 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.040s Queries: 25 (0.021s) Memory: 0.8410 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 20:25:56 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS