logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
I heard a comment from a PP recently that Meridian plan to shelve their plans to allow the Sooloos Core to be run on a QNAP NAS as they are concerned about 'Support' issues.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise... or has anyone else heard the opposite?


-
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi Ronnie

Didn't hear they were shelving it, more that they were backtracking which may be the same thing, I wonder if the reported support issues are from Meridian or the PP's unwilling to support QNAP, Roon etc?

It's interesting that Touch:PC will apparently be out soon, I wonder who will support that, is it a Windows issue, graphics issue, Touch:PC issue? PP's I guess.

Oh well.

Russ

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 166
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 166
Likes: 2
Finding out that Meridian might be abandoning the Sooloos Core on QNAP devices on the same day I purchase a QNAP device and a pair of large drives is not making me too happy.

It would be nice to get an actual statement from Meridian as to what their plans are - although after the last statement from M mentioning QNAP core - I am not sure how much faith to attach to it if they are changing their minds.

'The Core and Storage plug-in will be released soon, also free-of-charge.'

If this is just a rumour, it is a fairly damaging rumour - the phrase 'Headless Chickens' springs to mind.

Matt.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
It says, "Go Roon", to me.

Of course, Roon needs a NAS of some sort, and is not plug n play.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
+1, I have.

Russ

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
Something is in the works ... All I can say... ref. NDA
More info from Meridian dealers this summer.
PerS


40th.Anv.DSP8000SE &861v8/ID41,Meridian Ultra Dac,C15 Black w/SSD,QNAP TS-669Pro 6X3 Tb w/Core,HD621,Oppo UDP-203 ,JVC DLA-X700R, 2xJL Audio F112v2, Marantz 8802A for Atmos with KEF Reference 5 and 4C withR700 sides & rears and 4xKEF R50 Atmos
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 485
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 485
Most folks have an iPad or existing mobile devices (Android / iOS) and Win laptops.

I would not care about that (Sooloos app on NAS) as a selling point IMHO of course smirk . Just added 12TB to my Synology 1813+ grin

Regards,
Kishore


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 68
Headquarters
Mostly harmless
Headquarters
Mostly harmless
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 68
Hello,

Just to clarify, we have not shelved any of our plans mentioned in John's earlier post Meridian Sooloos Update

Quite the opposite in fact, but we're not going to go there for now! wink

As John said before,
Quote
There's a lot to be excited about
...
This is just the start, we will have a lot more to tell you over the coming months…
Thanks and regards,
Des

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Des,

Thank you for this. Last thing we all need are too many unfounded rumours cluttering our thinking.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Agreed. Begs the question why a PP is communicating information which conflicts with M publicly posted roadmap for Sooloos (the latter, of course, which is greatly appreciated).


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Remember you can't have the tail wag the dog, even if it thinks it can. It happens.... Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
I think it's more serious than that Chris. If I was feeling uncharitable, I might think that various PP are telling porkies in an attempt to prevent a decline in C15, MD600, and MCx00 Sooloos core sales.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 40 (0.032s) Memory: 0.8833 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 07:51:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS