logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
NPJ
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
HELP!

I received a message on my C10 last night staying the update 2.465 is available. I clicked on update and after some time the system crashed.

Since then the C10 has continuously started up, stated that the system is updating, states Windows is shutting down and application failed then crashes. Then starts again. I finally switched the whole thing off. After a while I switched system back on to be told I have no albums and the crashing starts again!!

Please help.
It seems the system has wiped 2400 albums from the Ensemble which is very annoying if it is the case.

I have checked on Control:PC and it states there are no albums!

I have left phone message and emailed M.

Thanks
Nick


861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000, DSP5500HC, DSP6000, 2x DSW's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, IsoTek Titan, Nova, Vision, Mira.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
You've emailed and phoned M ... so that's good start ... you will need M to recover from this.

Assuming that the Sooloos core is running on the C10 and not the Ensemble then without the Core running correctly on the C10 I can see why Control:PC is not reporting any albums.

Most likely all you albums are still on the Ensemble, to confirm this you could use the Sooloos Library Interrogator to report directly against the Store, rather than the Core.

Regards,
Carl

PS Do you have backup? I think you'll be ok this time, but if you don't have one ... do think about what you'd do if(/when) the HDD failed in the Ensemble.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Assuming you have a Windows computer, you could use the Sooloos Configure program to do the following:

Run Sooloos Config on the Windows PC

See what Sooloos items are identified by the program.

Turn off the "Core" in the C15.

Turn on the "Core" option in the Ensemble.

Open Control:PC on your PC... and see what your Settings... Information Tab says about your library.

You can also go to the Debug screen, which will give you a status of the Sooloos Library and other Sooloos items available on your network.


-
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
NPJ
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
I have now tried both suggestions with Control:PC and library interrogator but neither will connect to the system because the C10 is the core but keeps crashing and shutting down.
I am no wiser as to whether my albums are safe.

How long does it normally take M to reply?

Thanks

Nick.


861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000, DSP5500HC, DSP6000, 2x DSW's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, IsoTek Titan, Nova, Vision, Mira.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
You need to use the Sooloos Configure program to do what I suggest above... NOT the Control:PC program.


-
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
NPJ
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
I have run the Sooloos configuration program.
Ensemble is now running as core.
Tried interrogator and it says zero albums!!!
I do have a back up but it's still not ok if my albums have been wiped.
Fingers crossed M can find and sort the issue.

Cheers

Nick


861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000, DSP5500HC, DSP6000, 2x DSW's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, IsoTek Titan, Nova, Vision, Mira.
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by NPJ
I have now tried ... library interrogator but neither will connect to the system because the C10 is the core but keeps crashing and shutting down.
Hi again,
Make sure the interrogator is scanning the store and not the core.

see. page 12 Interrogating specific STORE info of the user guide pdf for details.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi Nick

Are you using your broadband router as a switch to connect the Sooloos components? I suggest you try powering off the router and all Sooloos kit, then power up the router wait for it to fully boot and establish its broadband connection.

Then power up the Sooloos devices one at a time, then see if the system sees any albums, I had this in my early Sooloos days and thought I had lost the lot, router power cycle calmed my fevered brow.

Cheers

Russ

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
NPJ
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 190
Likes: 8
I tried scanning the store and the core.
I use an ethernet switch after the router but will power everything down and reboot.
It would certainly have a calming effect if it shows my albums are still there!!

Cheers

Nick


861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP6000, DSP5500HC, DSP6000, 2x DSW's, Roon, AudioQuest Niagara 5000, IsoTek Titan, Nova, Vision, Mira.
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
I'm going through the same issues as well my Control:10 prompted me to download the latest update and now my Control:10 is going through a continuous loop of please wait while the system is updating then it goes to loading than proceeds to restart and than back to please wait while system is updating.

The C10 is connected to a QNAP with MS600 end points using iOS devices and Mac.

Any suggestions on a work around is much appreciated.
Thanks!


MS600, Roon, Qnap, NUC SSD, Prime Amp, Boulder 865 integrated amp, G65, hd-722, Apple TV 4K, Xbox One X, PS4, Jl Audio fantom 113, Wilson Sophia 3, Transparent Ultra ic/speaker cables, Oppo 203, Sony A1E, Audeze LCD-X, Focal Clear
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Meridian HQ Founder
Harmless
Meridian HQ Founder
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by NPJ
I have run the Sooloos configuration program.
Ensemble is now running as core.
It is extremely unlikely that the content has been removed.
If the Ensemble is running as Core then with everything else (e.g. C10) switched off Control:PC should connect. Under Settings / Information you will see Library Statistics. I assume you have Store enabled in the Ensemble.

In Settings you will also see the Ensemble MAC address # of a zone. Post that for tech support.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Crikey Bob. Another 5 posts and you will be eligable to buy and sell in the Restaurant! Keep em coming wink


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (swpnt, Maxwell98), 545 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.067s Queries: 40 (0.035s) Memory: 0.8884 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 14:02:59 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS