|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90 |
Hi, I've just noticed this getting progressively worse as I plough through my collection deleting Rhapsody Albums and replacing them with their TIDAL versions.
Admittedly it always took a couple of seconds for the App browse screen to refresh which was OK, but now it is taking considerably longer.
Also when using Control:PC to add music from TIDAL, now the new artists or albums do not actually appear directly after I've used 'Add album to my Library' like they used to. Rather they now appear anytime up to 6 hours later! This is very disconcerting when adding new stuff.
Also they can appear in the App but without still being shown in Control:PC.
Any help on what could be causing this please?
iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
As a general observation, I've often found Control:PC to be slow to update after making changes.
To force it to update press the F5 (refresh) key.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153 |
Could this be related to the issues we were having with the metadata server? When you add an album from Tidal to your library, I believe it is first checked by the metadata service. If this service is down, the process will take a lot longer. Not sure, though...
MD600, MS600
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90 |
Tried again last night and everything worked well. Items appeared immediately. I understand metadata is back up and working, so I guess maybe you were right!
iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
I still get very little Metadata from Tidal, but at least I can add it. Perhaps it's the music I choose but you would think Creedence Clearwater Revival box set would have more than track data and a picture. Room for improvement I think. Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
(MDS Norway AS) Hitchhiker
|
|
(MDS Norway AS) Hitchhiker
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419 |
I nice feature is that Tidal include information about the file instead of just saying Lossy, CD or High-res.
The biggest difference is when deleting a Tidal album from the system with C15, the whole system has to reboot.
PerS
40th.Anv.DSP8000SE &861v8/ID41,Meridian Ultra Dac,C15 Black w/SSD,QNAP TS-669Pro 6X3 Tb w/Core,HD621,Oppo UDP-203 ,JVC DLA-X700R, 2xJL Audio F112v2, Marantz 8802A for Atmos with KEF Reference 5 and 4C withR700 sides & rears and 4xKEF R50 Atmos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Biggest difference is when deleting a Tidal album from the system with C15, the whole system has to reboot. Think that is probably a bug rather than a requirement...
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,200
Posts297,160
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|