logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
I have been updating my music files and importing already ripped files from an external drive to my Sooloos library. Everything was working well over the last week (3-400 imported) and then, since yesterday, nothing. I cannot import or rip any new files at all. I have rebooted both my MC200 and QNAP and verified that they are online. Playback is fine so I assume that the storage is connected and functional. I gather this is the same issue as others here are experiencing, but if anyone has other ideas, please feel free to share.

Regards to all,

Wayne


System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K
System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade
System 3: F80
Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
Is your store full?


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 219
I have over 6 TB empty! Unless I have set up the Sooloos volume on the QNAP improperly. My Control:Mac (and Control:PC) both indicate lots of room. It is very strange. It just stopped importing but nothing else changed.

Wayne


System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K
System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade
System 3: F80
Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Wayne

Do you have the storage on the MC200 disabled? If so enable it using the Sooloos configure program and try an import if it works then it would point to your QNAP configuration.

Russ

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Service is down. Someone else started a post too. I have only been at this a few weeks, but it doesn't seem that reliable.



DSPs for sale
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
It worked for me this morning.


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 200
Seems back on again. Does anyone know who handles the metadata for Sooloos?


DSPs for sale
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
Meridian do.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
I was importing files yesterday and with the first file I could add decent sized artwork (1400 x 1400) without a problem, as has always been the case.

Then with subsequent attempts to import it shrinks all the artwork down to 225 x 225, irrespective of the original size, and irrespective of whether it is dragged to the import box or included as a jpeg in the folder being imported.

All of the metadata turns up as it should.

I was using the previous version of Control:Mac and so moved up to the latest version, but without any improvement.

Has anyone else seen the same issue recently?

Thanks,
Ross


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615
Likes: 4
Have not seen this. I just imported an album for which a 1400x1400 image was in the same folder. It's still at the same resolution after import.

If you point your browser at:

http://<core IP address>/debug/albums then look for the problem album and click on the [dir] link, do you see the cover in the original size there?

For example, I see:

cover.img02resize170.jpg File
cover.img02resize256.dds File
cover.img02resize256.jpg File
cover.img02resize512.dds File
cover.img02resize512.jpg File
cover.jpg File

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
The last file should be the original.


MD600, MS600
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Thanks for the help.

When I looked, the main jpeg is only 225x225. It turns out that the browsers have stopped saving the full size image when I find it on google. They will only save that small preview-type size, and now I have to work out why that has suddenly started, when the day before it happened to After the Goldrush, I had pulled in a full-size one for Harvest, using the same save-and-drag to the picture frame in Control:Mac.

Weird. Thanks again for the help, and showing me how to access the files.


Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8814 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 01:08:08 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS