|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4 |
When I play my Sooloos music through Control:Mac or Control:Web I hear many times a hard tick. (Just like a CD which is scratched.) 1. This happens with different albums, artists. 2. I do not hear this when playing through MS200 and MS600. Is there anyway to solve this issue? I want to use my Mac mini with a Grado headphone without the tick 
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
Yosemite? Source material >44.1kHz?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4 |
Yosemite, normal CD quality
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4 |
Does anybody have the same probleem? I tried wired and wireless both have the loud tick.
When I use Core Control the tick, click is not there, but when using Control:Mac I have the tick on each number, high res, low res.
Hopefully somebody can help me out to solve this annoying issue.
Thank you for your help/replies.
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 92
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 92 |
Me too. It used to work just fine. It's now unusable as a Sooloos zone. Unsure when it went wrong. I'm using the latest Mac OS and Sooloos firmware. Sounds like a buffering problem.
Various from vintage to SE
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4 |
Good to know I am not the only one. Any idea how we can bring this to the attention to be solved.
PS I find it weird I do not have this issue using the Control:Web version on the same Mac. It looks like a real software issue.
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21 |
Just started to get the same problem. No change in recent configuration. Continues with different DACs (Meridian explorer, Meridian prime, audioquest dragonfly) fed by USB from MacPro running 10.10.3 and latest Sooloos software from C15 with TwinStore using desktop audio. No difference with 16/44.1 or 24/96 FLAC files. Seems to increase in intensity as music is louder. It does not occur with C15 into non-desktop system. It makes desktop listening impossible.
Ross.
Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161 Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161 Likes: 4 |
I'm having a similar problem playing movies with Kodi via wired connection to Mac Mini/HD621/861v8 from DVD.ISO. Every few minutes there's a very brief sound similar to the old DTS lock loss effect from DTS-CDs back in the day. Playback is otherwise perfect. Don't know if its Kodi or M related  ~M~
Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21 |
I've received this response: Sorry, I have just been advised that we are aware of a current issue with some hardware running Yosemite OS and Control:Mac. The issue you describe falls under this but unfortunately I do not have a set date for the fix at this time. Hopefully there will be a software update soon that will fix it.
Control:15, TwinStore 2GB*2, 500, Auralic Vega, Pass XA60.8 x2, B&W 802D, Stax lambda & SRM-T1S, Prime Headphone Amp., HiFiMan 500
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 329 Likes: 4 |
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
|
|
|
|
3 members (Carl, JCD, Oracle64),
186
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|