logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#231585 2015-03-15 02:07
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
TB
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Has anyone had a very good listen to the analogue outputs of Meridian equipment? Ignoring the conventional wisdom, how does the MS600 compare to 8*8 outputs in their various flavours. I know the theoretical rank, just interested to know if someone has had a really good listen. Thanks!

TB #231590 2015-03-15 15:02
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
I haven't made the comparison, but I can say that the analogue output of the MS600 is very high quality.


.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
I think that Ludwig has posted on the topic although not sure how much was done with analogue out - cannot remember if he was testing with headphones.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
TB #231599 2015-03-15 16:39
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
Hi Tyler,

I use the analogue out on my 818v2 for my STAX Earspeakers... for those quiter nights.

I haven't compared this to the analogue outputs on a MS600 but I have used the same set-up though my G08 and MC200(1TB with better analogue output)... just tried it again now to compare as I write this.

There is a very noticeable difference between MC200 and 818. Not just in one particular area of the music. Every aspect of the music is improved... without turning this into a review smile

I hope this helps in some way.

Darren


Music Room: 818v3, DSP8000SE (SpeakerLink cables), iPad control
Shunyata Denali Power Distributor, fed by SIgma NR V2 + Sigma digital(818) + 2x Alpha NR(DSP8000SE)
Network Acoustics ENO filter + Rubicon Switch(powered by IFI IPower Elite)

Office: Stax SRS2020 via ifi Signature
Spare: DSP5200 + MC200

Running Roon Core on SonicTransporter

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 541 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 23 (0.018s) Memory: 0.8329 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 22:52:21 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS