logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#230116 2015-02-17 05:58
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Edo
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Hello there,

I have tasted the experience of upgrading my processor from 561 to 861v2 and I feel such an improvement.
Sounds more real, more refined, and in the end gets me more focused on the music itself.
I play almost only Redbook FLACs from the Explorer vanilla digital out.

I like to have the filters and DACs in the D3K1 working at oversampled data rate, I can finally feel the sounding experience of it.

My unit (861v2.81) may be a dinosaur but it matches very well my setup (3 D3K1 speakers) and I can play up to 96K files to the maximum capacity of the D3K1 speakers. The link is MHR certified and I can feel the benefit of the reduced jitter and better handling of the filters.

Well I must say music sounds so good. It sounded good already with the 561. Now the 861 adds another dimension to the veracity and weight of the music. Really involving and a pleasure to listen to.

MHR sounds so good! I love how the music pace, how the timbres are so accurate and involving. The D3K1s sound freaking awesome, the improvement is really clear! Never thought it would be to that degree. Of course it's not like going from the tape to the CD kind of sonic shock, but any real and sensible improvements in digital sound arena has always been more than welcome!
Makes me even more confident about saving the pennies for a future all MQA ready DSP speakers and 861vX combo in the future.

As a bonus the DSP presets are way better than the 561 and I love Trifield more than ever before, and that means a lot.

The unit is really cool looking too. Boy that thing is the size of two D3K1 speakers together!


861v2, DSP3100, DSP3100HC
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your upgrade. Even though both units are fairly old by now, you still jumped a few steps up the ladder!


Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro.
Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs

Meridian owner since 1998
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Edo
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Thanks you. I'm in heaven and kind of rediscovering my DSP31oo.

Love the info I got from this forum it really helped me pick the perfect unit for my budget and my kit. Really loving it everyday. The 861v2 do sound sweet as hell.

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]


861v2, DSP3100, DSP3100HC
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Love the first photo, perfect.

Russ

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Nice pics !!


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Edo
[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]
That's a full size iPad Air, right? Looks good as a display (but a costly display!)


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Edo
Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
That's the Air 2. I got the lowest priced one as it only serve as JRiver remote and web browsing and stuff.


861v2, DSP3100, DSP3100HC
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171
Likes: 59
Yes, lovely pics.


Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro.
Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs

Meridian owner since 1998

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Colin Triggs), 399 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 31 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8560 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 09:03:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS