logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322
Likes: 9
JCD Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by Mr_Sukebe
With MHR disabled, was the signal limited, e.g. to 16/48?
I don't believe so, however this was some time ago and my DAC at the time was itself limited to a max of 48k.

What I can say with certainty is that the HD621 will take in 44.1k, 48k, 96k and 192k and successfully down-sample (as needed) for output to a 48k DAC with no MHR encryption for all sources that I used. I.e. including DVD, Blu-ray , DVD-A etc. The lower frequency sources are passed as is, i.e. not re-sampled to 48k unnecessarily.

I can't remember if I tested the 96k output with a non-Meridian DAC. Within config the output rate and MHR are different items, however, one would need to check that they are 100% independent for 96k output.

John


808v6, M60, MC200, HD621, Lumagen XE, 504, SB Touch, 563, 201, 204, 208, MPMAX 221, M80, Explorer, Explorer2.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 93
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 93
I think I will give this a spin, I have an old unused 562v2 I can deploy just for use of the MSR to switch HDMI sources. I was wondering too about whether the HD621 will pass full 96k or 192k resolution without MHR if that is what the HDMI source is outputting. This will go into a Devialet, so I will not be restricted to 48k. Is there an easy way to know if the Devialet is receiving 48k, 96k, or 192k to be able to test it? I also have an Oppo BDP-103D and a Prism Orpheus DAC I could use for the test if that would make it easier.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322
Likes: 9
JCD Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322
Likes: 9
I can't comment concerning the Devialet, however, the HD621 will downsample 192k to 96k as that is the maximum rate that Meridian DACs will accept over SPDIF.

John


808v6, M60, MC200, HD621, Lumagen XE, 504, SB Touch, 563, 201, 204, 208, MPMAX 221, M80, Explorer, Explorer2.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by John_H
Is there an easy way to know if the Devialet is receiving 48k, 96k, or 192k to be able to test it?
Yes, just hold down the "Source" button on the Devialet remote and it will tell you the bit depth and signal frequency.


Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS
2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1
Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ChrisSwain), 471 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.062s Queries: 24 (0.031s) Memory: 0.8408 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 07:40:11 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS